X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rubyredvet
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sanpet
    Hawkeye-TP I have some property that if the right people are on that property I will shoot to kill and I will do it legaly . Your property is the same as your home. If you catch someone in your home that is not wanted there is 2 things you have to do is #1 shoot to kill and #2 is make shure that butt hole stays inside your house. Do you ever read American Rifleman they have a section in it that deals with just that. The police say you are justified in protecting your home, family and property. Do not give a inch or you could be dead.
    Don't know what you mean about "right people". If you mean you'd shoot some guy harmlessly wandering onto your property with no reasonable threat to you, you'll end up in prison. If you mean someone armed and threatening you with serious bodily injury or death, then yes you would be justified in shooting them. I'd suggest you not be too "trigger happy'.

Comment

• Brahmabull1018
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Rubyredvet
      Don't know what you mean about "right people". If you mean you'd shoot some guy harmlessly wandering onto your property with no reasonable threat to you, you'll end up in prison. If you mean someone armed and threatening you with serious bodily injury or death, then yes you would be justified in shooting them. I'd suggest you not be too "trigger happy'.

Excellent advice!
      Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of Kings.

- Horace

Comment

• Hawkeye-TP
        Mojave Teen
        • Feb 2013

Kiel got it right. It was up in Jacob City. It was one of the smaller mines above Utah Queen. The Sheriff was just out cruising around and happened upon us. He immediately called search and rescue and expected the worst. Has to be a 1 in 1000 chance. Needless to say, I've now gotten to know Jacob City in the late of night quite well I've also learned to not park right in front of the mine...heh.

I'm one to respect Private Property. If the gate is locked; if there are signs posted, I respect that. I'm not into bolt cutters or damaging property. If someone cares enough to maintain their gate and their property, then I have no intention of violating their privacy. How would I feel if I put a lock on a gate only to find it broken off time and time again? I would be pissed! And littering on my property! That is one of my pet peeves! Even in a mine I pick up my trash and leave nothing behind. Well, except for occasion chalk marks on the wall...

Comment

• Rubyredvet
          Mojave Cowboy
          • Sep 2010

It drives me nuts that people carry their crap in, but don't seem to be able to carry their crap out. Drives me nuts whether it's in a mine or on a trail.

Comment

Working...