Some things I've found around Dugway (map)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExpUt
    True Mojave
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by lobster68w
    To everyone that showed up this weekend, thanks!!

I had a fun time and learned alot. Will definitely like to go explore some more places.

Anyone up for Gold Hill next weekend?
    There is a very good chance I'll be mulling around the Gold Hill area on Saturday, or somewhere near there. I'll update details as I get them
    Kurt Williams
    CruiserOutfitters.com
    ExpeditionUtah.com
    MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Mark1955
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Dec 2008

Sure, provided the weather is good. The east side aaddit is still open and it branches off several other directions seep inside the mountain... Also, the "Glory Hole" up top is a rock hounds paradise. When they closed that side up much blasting was done and it loosened up alot of really good material!! Lets all check back here later in the week....

Mark

Comment

• Kelly Rees
        Mojave Teen
        • Feb 2009

Spent 3 hours in the 4 Metals on Sunday. Theres allot of ground to cover inside that mine. VERY interesting!
        www.wasatchsport.com
        PM me for special Mojave Underground pricing on all of your climbing/exploring needs.

Comment

• lobster68w
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Miner
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Kelly Rees
          Spent 3 hours in the 4 Metals on Sunday. Theres allot of ground to cover inside that mine. VERY interesting!

We went in a few weeks ago, but never went past the shaft. I'd like to get in there sometime and do some more exploring though.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• Mark1955
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Dec 2008

I'd be willing to donate a few 2X12's so we can get safely past the shaft. It's reported that there are a few other "holes" along the way that also need to be delt with for safe passage. Let me know when and where... as long as its a couple of weeks from now.

Mark

Comment

• Kelly Rees
              Mojave Teen
              • Feb 2009

Good idea. Couple weeks from now sounds great. We didnt find anything else inside that couldnt be navigated on foot but you never know. Theres a few holes we didnt go in. We always have plenty of rope and gear with us just in case.
              www.wasatchsport.com
              PM me for special Mojave Underground pricing on all of your climbing/exploring needs.

Comment

• trentaiken
                Mojave Child
                • Jan 2009

IF we ever Plan a Trip to Pioche let me know. I have a Family Friend that lives there and knows the mines well. He also has a Mineral collection that rivals most colleges. Even had a uranium sample from the congo, 3 points away from remote handling levels. It was the most brillant emerald green crystalline structure...
                Try it once to see if you like it or not, maybe twice to be sure

Comment

• Mark1955
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Outlaw
                  • Dec 2008

I'll be goin through Pioche around the end of the month on my way to Vegas... Who takes that oogie I-15 route when one can go thorugh the beautiful desert and all those interesting places and the caves.... I'm for a trip there later on say end of April or May... before it turns into a blast furnace for the summer. I already also kno where there is quite a bit of stuff. There is also a huge intact mill there with the tramway still standing... ore buckets and all! There's also a museum but all the times I've been through there it's never been open.

Edit:
                  Here's a panorama of the west end of Pioche... Mine dumps are everywhere and they're beyond huge!

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Mark

Comment

• Mark1955
                    Advanced Explorer
                    Mojave Outlaw
                    • Dec 2008

Am planing to go to the Dugways tommrrow if anyone else wants to join us just post here to let me know... We could meet up at Simpspon Springs, Kelly's Hole, Etc.

Mark

Comment

• OwenT
                      Mojave Baby
                      • Jul 2020

Hi, I'm resurrecting this thread to see if there's anyone still out there that might want to talk about the mines they've been able to explore. I am curious to know what you've found here in UT.

Comment

• Twise
                        Mojave Baby
                        • Jun 2020

Originally posted by OwenT
                        Hi, I'm resurrecting this thread to see if there's anyone still out there that might want to talk about the mines they've been able to explore. I am curious to know what you've found here in UT.
                        I'll discuss some of my recent mines with ya. I've been exploring quite frequently the past 5 months now so I've got some up to date info on some of the mines that were explored back in this forums glory days.

Comment

• OwenT
                          Mojave Baby
                          • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Twise
                          I'll discuss some of my recent mines with ya. I've been exploring quite frequently the past 5 months now so I've got some up to date info on some of the mines that were explored back in this forums glory days.
                          If you would, email me at tolleyowen@gmail.com or Facebook messenger, Owen Tolley. I'm getting more interested in finding mineral specimens underground as well as exploring in general. If you are actively exploring, maybe I could come out with you sometime.

Comment

Working...