X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaverStretch
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Oct 2008

Interesting. This is the first time I've read this thread. One comment I have to make is the perception of the "Grottos" vs. keys. Just remember, the grottos follow the same rules and regulations set forth by the land owners who, in turn and through cave management plans, extend "Another" key made accessable to the public, through the grotto. Let me repeat that, make accessable "Another" key to the gated caves through the grotto, but not just the grotto. Hint Hint. I've been caving with the grottos for 21 years now. Cavers are very passionate about protecting caves. As are mine explorers.

Remember the Cave Protection Act:

(b) PURPOSES.--The purposes of this Act are-- (1) to secure, protect, and preserve significant caves on Federal lands for the perpetual use, enjoyment, and benefit of all people; and (2) to foster increased cooperation and exchange of information between governmental authorities and those who utilize caves located on Federal lands for scientific, education, or recreational purposes.

Yes, the caves are there for the enjoyment of the people. But you must also remember:

(c) POLICY.--It is the policy of the United States that Federal lands be managed in a manner which protects and maintains, to the extent practical, significant caves.

You can't quote one part and leave out the other part. The grottos are there as a management tool to protect and maintain, to the extent practical, significant caves.

When it comes time for the Mine Explorers of these United States to start banding together and try getting legislation passed to protect the valuable history and eductaion of Mines, one should first stop and realize that caves are an important resource also, that should and is protected through the Cave Protction Act and look at the success the grottos have had in said protection, instead of the "Me Me Me" attitude that just gets you to a locked gate. You must first protect your assett, mine or cave, before you can create the "benefit of all people". If you don't, there won't be anything to benefit at all.

These are my thoughts.

Robert
    Mojave Mine Team
    Robert Cranney
    Mojave Mine Team
    The "Dude with the Trailer"

"It's time to put on your big girl panties and climb that ladder."

Comment

Working...