• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mike
    I'll be camping at the very end of Ophir Canyon friday night and saturday night. Everybody is welcome to come along and we can all swap stories and have a good time.
    I've talked the better looking half into camping Friday night (hope I can find the campground since I've never been up the canyon that far and will be racing the sun to get there before dark), so plan on two more for the breakfast on Saturday.

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Great! Looks like were going to have lots of people camping. The more, the merrier
      To get to the campsite, drive about 4 or 5 miles into the canyon. The site is the very last campsite on the left. If you miss it, simply turn around at the end of the road, drive 100', then it will be the first site on the right. I'll have a sign out next to the road. If the campsite is already taken, I'll put the sign out at the next place I choose to camp. I'll be out there around 5:30pm.
      -Fish
      Mojave Mine Team
      MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• RedRockXJ
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Jun 2008

I work Friday night

I want to hear your guys stories!
        Josh
        - Utah's Finest Outdoor Enthusiasts!

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
          Mojave Teen
          • Sep 2009

I haven't experience anything paranormal actually inside a mine, but just outside a mine in a powderhouse in the ghost town of Standardville, UT I had a horrible paranormal experience with something really evil. I took my brother in law out exploring a few years back and hiked up to the minesite which has since been destroyed (go figure) and inside the powderhouse we heard this noise like metal pipes clanging on other metal pipes, but there was only one pipe in the building and it wasn't moving and there was absolutely no wind anywhere and this powderhouse was built solidly into the side of the mountain; no explanation for the sound. Then my dog raised her hackles and starting growling and snarling at something in the middle of the room which we couldn't see but she could and we got this really horrible feeling like we should leave NOW, so we ran outside. Luckily, I had enough sense to turn around and take a picture as soon as I exited the building before I started running down the hill. When I went through my pictures later I was amazed at what I found. It looks like a spine or possibly a vortex. To this day whenever I see the picture I still get the chills.
          Rachel Heath
          ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Comment

• Mike
            Administrator
            True Mojave
            • Sep 2007

Thats interesting. Dogs are a bit more keen than we are. You should upload the photo!
            -Fish
            Mojave Mine Team
            MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• ExpUt
              True Mojave
              • Jul 2008

Ditto, would love to see the photo!
              Kurt Williams
              CruiserOutfitters.com
              ExpeditionUtah.com
              MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
                Mojave Teen
                • Sep 2009

You're going to have to give me a little while to try and figure out how to post the picture. I'm not a computer genius, LOL.
                Rachel Heath

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
                  Mojave Teen
                  • Sep 2009

Well, I gave the photo to Jeff and made him promise to post it here, but haven't seen it yet??? Anyway, apparently I'm starting up my own paranormal investigation team! It was thrown in my lap this evening by my husband and a friend of his that's teaching him guitar and whose band he's sponsoring. So, if anybody's interested in becoming part of my team, we will be taking interviews soon! Just be forewarned I'm extremely picky and discriminatory with whom I choose to investigate with. Our team will not be open to just anybody like Salt Lake Area Paranormal Society. I prefer professionalism and scientific evidence and will only consider those whom are as highly skeptical as I am. To put it this way, I'm still skeptical of my partner that I am co-founding the group with. Let me know if anyone's interested.
                  Rachel Heath

Comment

• RedRockXJ
                    Advanced Explorer
                    Mojave Miner
                    • Jun 2008

Where is this photo!?
                    Josh
                    - Utah's Finest Outdoor Enthusiasts!

Comment

• Lukefast
                      Mojave Baby
                      • Jan 2014

I would like to see this photo. I know this is a thread from a while ago but if you can find it I would like to see it.

Comment

Working...