• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedRockXJ
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2008

Mine Paranormal?

I've been watching Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth on the SyFy channel a lot lately and was just wondering if anyone has had any kind of experience with ghosts, spirits, demons etc. inside any mines.
    Josh
    - Utah's Finest Outdoor Enthusiasts!
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Haha interesting you bring that up. We've recently been bringing paranormal groups underground and we have been pickin up very powerful things. There is no doubt paranormal activity underground. More than most places for sure.
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• MiningEngineer
      Mojave Baby
      • Sep 2009

Just about every underground miner I've ever met believes in ghosts. I've heard many a story along the lines of "so-and-so died here in the mine and haunts it now." Even relatively well educated people like mine engineers and managers buy into it. I don't personally believe in any of that stuff, but to be fair, I've never felt a hand tap me on the shoulder underground in a dark stope or seen an apparition walking down a drift. Clearly I just haven't spent enough time underground...
      Anthony L
      "Ignorance is the root of all adventure"

Comment

• lobster68w
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Dec 2008

I have a hard time buying into this stuff, but I did have a weird experience once.

I was way up in the mountains checking on a mine by myself. I was in about 400' and started to hear weird things, like someone was following me. The noises were there even when I stopped. Very faintly, but there. I pointed the light towards the door and got out of there. Don't know what it was, or if my mind was playing games with me, but still different!!

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• Jeff
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Miner
          • Nov 2008

The paranormal people rock! we have some amazing evp's from a mine we were recently in so my stand is something is going on but it will need further investigation.
          Jeff
          Mojave Mine Team
          Follow me on Facebook

Comment

• Mark1955
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Dec 2008

You're likely to hear any number of kinds of sounds inside a nmine... from the mountain itself settling and moving around to water to air. Now I don't believe in ghosts but I certainly don't believe that we are the only ones in existance either. Too many other solar systems out there....

Mark

Comment

• RedRockXJ
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Miner
              • Jun 2008

I would love to go with a paranormal group to see their investigation first hand. It would be cool to see what they catch on EVP. Sounds like fun. I too believe that if ghosts are going to lurk, a mine would be most suitable giving how old they are and how many people spent most of their lives in them.

I'm not too sure where I stand on believing in the paranormal or not since I've never experienced anything, but it sure is fun to to watch and investigate.
              Josh

Comment

• Mike
                Administrator
                True Mojave
                • Sep 2007

Stuart and I have way too many personal paranormal encounters to say there isn't something going on there. 'Groups' of us have seen objects moving on their own, had entities interact with us, and felt things so powerful that it can't be explained any other way. The stuff is real. Like MiningEngineer said, almost every underground miner has either strong personal experiences, or have heard them from people they trust closely.

Any doubters, we have a location in Eureka that one nights stay in this building, and your doubts will be completely erased and replaced with fear.
                -Fish
                Mojave Mine Team
                MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• RedRockXJ
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Miner
                  • Jun 2008

Oh cool! Where is this building??
                  Josh

Comment

• Mike
                    Administrator
                    True Mojave
                    • Sep 2007

This is the first wooden building east of the Eagle Bluebell hoist.
                    -Fish
                    Mojave Mine Team
                    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Mr.Irksome
                      Mojave Child
                      • Aug 2009

Mike I'd love to hear some of the stories that you and Stuart have to tell some time!

Comment

• Mike
                        Administrator
                        True Mojave
                        • Sep 2007

I'll be camping at the very end of Ophir Canyon friday night and saturday night. Everybody is welcome to come along and we can all swap stories and have a good time.
                        -Fish
                        Mojave Mine Team
                        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Stuart
                          Administrator
                          True Mojave
                          • Sep 2007

Haha, yeah I have seen, heard, and felt WAY to many things to not believe in the paranormal. The more time I spend around old mine sites the more I see that just can't be explained. I'm up for camping up Ophir Canyon Friday night, and boy do I have some stories!

Give me one night and I can change anyone's mind about ghosts, I have some locations that are just plain haunted. The old wooden building up at the Eagle Bluebell is one of the first to visit if you want to find out for yourself.
                          -Stuart Burgess
                          Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
                          Burgess Exploration LLC
                          http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
                          Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• larryslost
                            Mojave Child
                            • Aug 2009

If you can not believe in ghosts rhen stay out of mines. They are the tommyknockers ands the keepers of the depths. And yes gems have life.

I did not believe this till a former customer told me the that the quartz she was holding giggled. She placed the quartz in my hand and close my fingers around it and to this day I can tell you that quartz vibrated in my hand. Since then I do not disbelieve what other people hold to be true. Open mind, open experiances
                            Looking for people to travel the hills and look for mines and caves

Comment

• Mr.Irksome
                              Mojave Child
                              • Aug 2009

Sounds Fun!!!! I won't be going to the meetup on Saturday cause I'll be going to the gem show but I'll see if I can get my wife out with me and we'll come hang out Friday night!

Comment

Working...