• radio2
    Mojave Child
    • Feb 2011

Welcome and enjoy!

Comment

• connorkeetch
      Mojave Baby
      • Jun 2011

Hello my name is Connor Ottosen from draper, utah. I learned about Mojave Underground because me and some friends had always known about and explored Scranton. I became interested and searched google for more abandoned mine info and stumbled upon this. I am really interested in getting to know more. Today me and some friends went up to Jacob city to see if we could explore Hidden Treasure or another close mine. We found them all gated and I was wondering if their are any non-gated mines within an hour and a half drive from draper/salt lake area? Unfortunately last time I checked Scranton had been backfilled. But I am really excited to do some mine exploration and really glad their are some people that share the same interests!

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Hi Connor. Welcome to the greatest abandoned mining site in the US. You will soon come to learn that there are thousands who share your same interest

Scranton was reclaimed, but somebody may have opened up one of the cinder blocked mines. You'll probably have to hike around a bit since there were so many openings, but from what I understand, its there.

Jacob City/Ophir area is pretty much all closed right now, and with so many people frequenting that area, access isn't looking too good. You never know though.

AF Canyon has Mary Ellen Gulch mines, but they are wet and fairly uneventful.

Sadly, anything within an hour of Utah or Salt Lake Counties is going to be reclaimed or privately owned and locked. The further away from things you get, the better your chances. There are still thousands of open mines, they are just a long ways away and hard to get to. Browse through the forums and PM anybody you want to ask questions to about specific mines - were all pretty friendly and giving here.
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• connorkeetch
          Mojave Baby
          • Jun 2011

Hey Thanks so much! I'll just have to start exploring and researching. I'm really excited about all of the possibilities out there.

Comment

• ExpUt
            True Mojave
            • Jul 2008

Welcome to MU Connor!
            Last edited by ExpUt; 06-05-2011, 08:20 AM.
            Kurt Williams
            CruiserOutfitters.com
            ExpeditionUtah.com
            MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• bcrizzane
              Mojave Baby
              • Mar 2012

I'm not sure how I came across this site, honestly. I think it might have been while looking for locations of some mines in the beaver dam mountains. Anyway, I came across it today while looking for info on Lost cave in enterprise.

I was having trouble figuring out what the hell was going on with this forum until I realized that the first post is on the last page (at least with the settings I have). Hopefully I can contribute some information to this site and get some new information on mine/cave locations.

Comment

• Stuart
                Administrator
                True Mojave
                • Sep 2007

Welcome to the site bcrizzane! I hope you find what you are looking for and look forward to your contributions. We upgraded to the new forum within the last year and we are all still adjusting a little bit, I know I am.
                -Stuart Burgess
                Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
                Burgess Exploration LLC
                http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
                Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• bcrizzane
                  Mojave Baby
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Stuart
                  Welcome to the site bcrizzane! I hope you find what you are looking for and look forward to your contributions. We upgraded to the new forum within the last year and we are all still adjusting a little bit, I know I am.
                  Thanks for the welcome, Stuart! I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I look forward to hanging out here.

Comment

• $ alex $
                    Mojave Teen
                    • May 2010

hey yall

So, I was browsing the forum and realized that I haven't properly introduced myself to everyone yet... So here I go.

My name is Alex Crane. I am a Mining Engineering student at the U of U. I have always enjoyed mining history and the science involved in the mining industry. My father was a mining engineer so, consequently, EVERYTHING about underground mining intrigued me. A few years back, I decided to cease studying Chemical Engineering and go into something I knew I would love... something I was intrigued by... MINING ENGINEERING. Ever since that day, I have never looked back. I have been fortunate to learn even more by landing a sweet gig with a large coal producer in central Utah. I have worked there for a year now, and I will be transferring to a sister mine in western Colorado for the summer to learn about some different things I have never seen before. I am excited for what the future brings and I'm excited to see how MU will impact the mining world! I am stoked to be a part of it, and I hope y'all know that I really think finding MU was a dream come true for me.

Remember to stay safe out there and leave your exploration sites better than how you found them!

Regards,

$ Alex $
                    Alex
                    *I always invite info on explorable mines in or around the Cottonwood Canyons area!

Comment

Working...