X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by miner49r
    This is truly an incredible find, and am so thankful you had a chance to document what you did before possibly losing forever.
    Here in Oregon we have a MUCH smaller fallout shelter concrete bunker added to a natural lava cave in the 1960's. Any idea how common fallout shelters were in mines & caves?
    I don't know how common fully stocked fallout shelters were, but I've seen quite a few documents that showed that a lot of mines were surveyed as potential shelters. Also the Grand Canyon Caverns were a bomb shelter and still has it's stock of supplies in place. (cavern tours given daily).

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Mike Schriber
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Dec 2008

Sorry for the delay in posting. We took lots of pictures and they can be viewed here...

Mike
      Underground Explorers
      California Abandoned Mine Exploration

Comment

• miner49r
        Mojave Child
        • Mar 2011

Mike & Crew:
        Thanks for taking such detailed pictures. So great to document this before it's lost. With the light mother rock, even your pics of the large areas came out great.
        Sure it's another mine, but definitely different than the narrow vein mines that I've been in!
        Thanks again!
        -Mark

Comment

• Mike Schriber
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Cowboy
          • Dec 2008

It seems like all we'll have are pictures soon so we wanted to make sure we documented all we could.

I wish the pictures looked that good right out of the camera! Even though they were taken with a DSLR, each required substantial post-processing in Photoshop to look the way they do.
          Underground Explorers
          California Abandoned Mine Exploration

Comment

• Joanne
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Jul 2009

Hey Mike,

I'd like to pass along another "Thank You" for posting up the photos. I always enjoy reading the narratives and seeing the photos of your trips. Thanks for taking the time and effort to get them on the internet. Click image for larger version

Name:	up2++.gif
Views:	3
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	11304

I just got back from taking my son on his first vertical exploration. He did really well and it seems like he has a great time when we go out. I know that his mine exploring pictures go up on Facebook so he's sharing his adventures with his friends.

Joanne
            Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

Working...