X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Schriber
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Dec 2008

Hey Ryan! Just noticed this post. Sounds like you may have found something interesting. Can you convey in any way where in the mine it is? We were pretty sure that we'd covered the whole thing. That includes both winzes that come off the card room level, a shaft that drops down from the surface to that level and the one below, plus a winze from higher up that drops down to the level above the card room.

Thanks!

Mike
    Underground Explorers
    California Abandoned Mine Exploration

Comment

• ryan162
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Feb 2009

sorry for the late responce. im sure you guys found this one and problay didnt even remeber it since it posed no challenge to you lol. but its just north west of the main entrence that makes you climb down that wooden wall thing.

by memory the level with the card room ran north west and south east but NW was a crawl through back filled or partialy colapsed tunnels....i think that leads to this entrence we found. i really dont know how to do it myelf. i cant get the truck winch over it because ive got sythetic winch line and its would be a "s" curve around rocks to get down into the area to drop. you guys couldnt have missed it. i think its the northern most big excavation near the main entrence (wooden wall)

in other news look at this pretty rock we found out in lucerne valley. its turqoise, fools gold(we checked lol), and quartz.

Comment

• Mike Schriber
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Cowboy
        • Dec 2008

Ahhh, I know exactly where you're talking about. We've dropped all the winzes over in that area. There's also a big chamber with multiple skylights there as well.

Did you make a recent trip to the Lucerne Valley or is that from before you moved?

Mike
        Underground Explorers

Comment

• ryan162
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Miner
          • Feb 2009

that was a recent trip over there. we made a trip to see the Rodman petroglyphs and a WW2 bombing target. i havnt moved in awhile. im based out of victorville but deploy for my civilian job half the year.

Comment

• Mike Schriber
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Cowboy
            • Dec 2008

Ahhh, sorry... getting my Ryan's confused!

Mike
            Underground Explorers

Comment

Working...