X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark1955
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

Ok, If you look at Google and flip it so you see the relief and look up the canyon at the main Honerine entrance you can definately see how they all could interconnect. Looking at Google Earth it's generally pretty dull and washed out and makes features hard to spot. If you do a little photo shopping of the images it can really bring out some of the features including most of the tailings piles, shafts and even some addits. In the second photo you can even see that headstock I posted the picture of... but it's still over the shaft itself. There are alot of places where they poked through all the way up to the Galena King and it's now easier for me to see where some of the slopes and shafts inside the Honerine go.

Mark

Comment

• Derek
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2008

I am also under the impression that the upper broken headframe is part of the Galena King. The only thing that bothers me is what in the world are they calling the upper Honerine?? The map tag is not really even around anything, however the map that I have of the Honerine, Tip Top, and Galena King is label as the Honerine Consolidated Mine which might indicate that the three mines where all purchased and worked at later date by one company and that might also explain why the Honerine has two different marks on the map. lobster68w please keep us updated on the digital scans!

P.S. I like your avatar, but I sure hate wearing my M40 mask.
      -Derek
      Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• RedRockXJ
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Jun 2008

I believe the "Honerine(2)" you have on the map is the TipTop mine.
        Josh
        - Utah's Finest Outdoor Enthusiasts!

Comment

• lobster68w
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Miner
          • Dec 2008

update

Well, I'll update this since we were just in it.

Entering the Honerine and continuing back until you reach the room where the hoist and shaft are located, there is a collapse/backfill that can be easily gotten past. This opens up probably another 800-1000' of additional workings. There are various drifts that we explored, however the main tunnel where the tracks and pipe are continues on but it is collapsed. There is also another drift that turns north (left) by the old ore cart and continues for quite a ways. There is again another collapse that you can get past and this drift continues for a ways. We reached the end where there was a collapse that had a strong amount of cold air blowing through. It is possible to get past this and opens up into a huge stope. This somehow has to connect to the Galena King given the amount of air and how far back from the portal we were. Going to try sometime in the next month to get back in and finish exploring before it's sealed for good.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• KDT1970
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Sep 2009

How did u gain access. I was out there earlier this summer and the entrance had collapsed either by people or natural. We went I'm all the way to where it turned left and was backfield, last summer.

Comment

• lobster68w
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Miner
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KDT1970
              How did u gain access. I was out there earlier this summer and the entrance had collapsed either by people or natural. We went I'm all the way to where it turned left and was backfield, last summer.

Nothing had changed from the last time I was in it in 2009. The entrance was the same as the last time. Just need to crawl around some stuff.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• KDT1970
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Miner
                • Sep 2009

On the map from page 1 shows the "tip top mine" about 1/8 below that is the Hornerine mine, right below the road. This is the one I am referring to. Are you referring to a different one.

Comment

• lobster68w
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Miner
                  • Dec 2008

Oops

Sorry, I meant the Honerine. I'm an idiot.

On the other hand, it's been two years since I was last in the Tip Top. I dug it out the last time, it only took a short while. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in that area.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• Rubyredvet
                    Mojave Cowboy
                    • Sep 2010

Hey, lobster68w
                    Tried to send a PM but not sure if it went through.

Comment

Working...