abc4's McKay Allen - Put Us All To Shame...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TooeleCherokee
    Mojave Teen
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ExpUt
    Originally posted by lobster68w
    Originally posted by TooeleCherokee
    I have tried with the Tooele County Recorders office in the past to determine who owns specific land for other reasons but they will NOT do a title search for the public and they are hard core about it. if you even say you want to know who owns X land they immediately go off on you letting you know that they do not do title searches for the public. Maybe someone else would have better luck.

That's really odd. Back home in MN, it's public knowledge who owns what. People go to the county all the time to see who owns what piece of land, plus they have a website that includes how much said property pays in taxes each year, etc, etc. They also publish a plat book. Interesting.
    That is really odd, my guess is you caught somebody on a bad day. They legally have to make tax & plat information available, however they can charge you for their time researching or pulling the information. It would be worth another try, but you need to have all the plat coordinates ahead of time so you can just hand it off to them.
    I have tried a couple of times.. even on their website they say they will not do Title Searches.. . I even tried to find out who paid the taxes on a piece of land and they were assanine about it

Comment

• Stuart
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Russ? Jump in anytime here
      -Stuart Burgess
      Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
      Burgess Exploration LLC
      http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
      Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Ya Russ, where are you? I understand you are joining us this weekend.
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• rhartill
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jun 2008

Researching land records, why Tooele info is harder to get..

Researching ownership of patented mine parcels

County Recorder/Assessor’s office—these offices keep maps and lists of parcels, including rosters of who owns what piece of property and what the parcel number is. Parcel Numbers are cross indexed by township and range in most cases, so if you knew the township, range, section, and which ¼ of a section you were dealing with, you can get a list of parcel numbers, and with a list of those numbers, ask for the book that shows who owns that particular parcel. Title searches are searches for a documentary history of who owned what when, going backward in time to the first recorded transaction or claim. Title searches are performed for a fee, by professional companies, and I am not surprised county employees are telling people they won’t do title searches for you. However, you CAN ask to see index maps, parcel maps and registers, and even ask for copies of certain documents. You just have to ask for these things one or two at a time and be patient, and copy down what you find out.

First, indentify the parcel number of the property you are interested in. From the mine’s township and range information thus should not be too difficult. Once you have the parcel number, ask to see the current owner information for that particular parcel number.

The BLM has some patent information on their website.

You might be able to figure out the parcel number from their records, and just ask the county to tell you who owns that parcel. You’re not asking for a title search, you are asking to see the public records they are maintaining at taxpayer expense.

Utah County has a cool website where this information can be accessed totally online.

Juab and Tooele do NOT have their records online.

Comment

• RedRockXJ
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Jun 2008

Looks like McKay Allen has found a new home and job.

Guess he won't be taking that video down any time soon, or creating a new story to fix the old one.
            Josh
            - Utah's Finest Outdoor Enthusiasts!

Comment

Working...