Rhoades and Spanish Gold - Anyone here an 'expert'?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhartill
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jun 2008

maybe not on Facebook, but the Borens are here:

Comment

• theferg
      Mojave Baby
      • Feb 2010

Hey I don't see this listed on your Customer Run page Kurt, but I def want in on this one.

-Ferg-
      Ben F
      www.desertcruzer.com

Comment

• ExpUt
        True Mojave
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by theferg
        Hey I don't see this listed on your Customer Run page Kurt, but I def want in on this one.

-Ferg-
        It will be added as I get it planned. There is a chance I push it to next year, as much as I hate too I've just got a bunch going on this year and I'm already knees deep in planning other trips.
        Kurt Williams
        CruiserOutfitters.com
        ExpeditionUtah.com
        MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• one_bad_rover

Kerry Boren? Really?

Id watch what you read from Kerry Boren and Steve Shaffer. Steve used to be in Bountiful so he may be the one Mark was thinking of.
          Steve also "published" a book, he didnt write it, he stole the notes from Gale Rhoades truck while Gale was having a heart attack and June Balaich was trying to save his life. Rhoades did end up dying from the heart attack on Hoyts, and days later his house was broken into and literally looted. Steve Shaffer showed up later with a lot of items that didnt belong to him and claimed that Gale had given them to him before he died, like he must have know it was going to happen. Soon after this (1992?) Steve published "the Lost Josephine mine of the Uintahs". Like an idiot as its word for typewritten word the property of Gale Rhoades.
          In 2001 Steve perpetrated a hoax selling fake "gold bars" that he claimed he had personally dug up. He was prosecuted in Wayne county and given probation provided he return all funds. These bars are still floating around and are mostly brass and lead.
          In 2002 a BYU professor called out Steve Shaffer as a plagurist for stealing his manuscript and publishing it as his own work. The book Steve published was called "Treasure of the Ancients"
          Real peach of a guy.

And as to Kerry Boren, He is scum of the highest degree. Ken Sanders wouldnt publish his books because he is full of shit. Footprints was not a bad read and actually has a lot of good information in it regarding Utah and its history. But it also has a whole lot of conjecture that cannot be backed up with facts.
          And dont forget his involvement with Mark Hoffman and the salamander letters. Look it up if you dont remeber.
          Oh and maybe add note that he sexually molested both of his daughters throughout their childhood until he was incarcerated for the abuse, beating and murder of his wife.
          I would suggest review of this site:

Note that he beat his wife for years as the autopsy revealed before chaining her outside to a pole where he beat her unconcoius and left her to die. Great guy! This isnt conjecture, this is info directly from his daughters.

There is a much deeper story as to where Kerry was getting his info and the financing but I dont think think I need to even get into that here.

Kurt already knows my feelings on these guys... I guess thats why I would get to introduce...

Sorry for the rant, but it appears that the audience might getting younger and not remember all these details so I thought I would refresh...
          Kery has no more idea of where any mines are then my mom does. There are people out there with some knowledge, but Kerry and Steve are not your sources.

Comment

• rhartill
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Jun 2008

Excellent summary Corey, of the events and circumstances behind the Borens...and you're right, over time, the younger folks don't know as much about how reliable sources are as those of us who have "been there and done that." Credibility is very important when dealing with history especially when the State uses every excuse to consider such history as a bunch of tales, and then backfills and destroys what little evidence is out there of Spanish mining...

As for Hoffman, I once heard he had received and in his possession a presidential pardon for his crimes...signed by none other than Abraham Lincoln himself!

Comment

• ExpUt
              True Mojave
              • Jul 2008

Re: Kerry Boren? Really?

Originally posted by one_bad_rover
              ...Kurt already knows my feelings on these guys... I guess thats why I would get to introduce...
              Bingo LOL

I remember your scumbag list!
              Kurt Williams
              CruiserOutfitters.com
              ExpeditionUtah.com
              MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

Working...