• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stuart
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Episode Ideas

Do you have a good idea for an episode that we could shoot for Mojave Underground TV?
    Lets collaborate and create some great content that the whole world can sit down and enjoy!

Examples of ideas could be:
    Interesting people we could interview
    Ghost towns we could visit
    Mines and mills with an interesting story

The sky is the limit and all we need to do is make sure its educational, entertaining, and about the American West.
    -Stuart Burgess
    Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
    Burgess Exploration LLC
    http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
    Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer
  • rhartill
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jun 2008

Episode Ideas

One BIg idea is perhaps to film and catch some of the talks/seminars at the upcoming NHMI History Conference....
    but since you and Crystal are speaking, who will hold the camera???

Comment

• Stuart
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Bingo! Ive already got that one lined up, we can set a tripod in the middle of the room and it will require very little maintenance. Every night I can go back to my luxurious suite at the Westgate and capture the footage of conference highlights to share with the world. I may even be able to get two 5min episodes out of it or a special NHMI extended version.
      -Stuart Burgess
      Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
      Burgess Exploration LLC
      http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
      Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• Troy
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Cowboy
        • Mar 2009

The 'ropes and ladders' mine for one. That mine is just too cool to not share. Also, stu's adventures with Brit. Too many ideas to mention!
        Troy E.

Comment

• $ alex $
          Mojave Teen
          • May 2010

im so stoked for the next video! you guys are doing an amazing job on them!!! any idea of when i can feed my appetite for more mojave videos?
          Alex
          *I always invite info on explorable mines in or around the Cottonwood Canyons area!

Comment

• ryan162
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Feb 2009

how about what to look for when you tie off to head frames and sopport structures? id like to see more of the rope work you guys do. just the basics in a actual mine. ive seen the above ground stuff but how do you drop a shaft in the middle of a mine?

Comment

• Kiel
              Mojave Miner
              • Feb 2009

Yeah that would be great info
              Underground Baby!

Comment

• Joanne
                Mojave Outlaw
                • Jul 2009

How about shooting at some mining museums or mining parks? That would help some of us plan stops when we are on vacation. I know the mining park in Tonopah, NV is an amazing place.

Joanne
                Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Dawn_CL
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Miner
                  • Nov 2009

Hello Joanne, Im back from my mini-vacation. My mine hit so i took a mini-vacation for awhile. I REALLY needed the break. hehe

Anyways, I watched all 7 episodes on the MUTV and i think those are quite interesting. Id love to be able to go to those conferences. Maybe after my next 'strike'.
                  I have a very good suggestion on an episode and i have been asked by many people around the area as well as online on how to go about filing mining claims. Possibly an episode on the filing of claims on BLM lands, another episode on filing on forest lands, etc. This might include on how to stake and put up the claim signage (ie, location markers, corner markers, etc) and what people should put on thier claim signage. Most i have talked to have wanted to know mostly about the sizing and angles of what mining claims can be and about general GPS issues (NE NW, long, lat.etc). Also possibly a good explanation on why people should hold interest in filing claims, mostly, in my eyes and im sure many other people's eyes that are into the mining thing would be Saving the mines from BLM destruction (not only the BLM though).
                  Needless to say im sure you know where im getting at on these types of presentations.

Also,

To Crystal: Sorry about the delay on sending your donation for another MU patch. I will be emailing you here shortly when i have sent the donation. I will also need to send you my new address info as i no longer am at the old address.

Dawn
                  Dawn

Comment

• Joanne
                    Mojave Outlaw
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Dawn_CL
                    Hello Joanne, Im back from my mini-vacation. My mine hit so i took a mini-vacation for awhile. I REALLY needed the break. hehe

Dawn
                    Hi Dawn! I have been wondering how you have been. I finally bought a house after renting for the last 10 years. It sucked up all of my time since May and I'm just starting to get my life back. I hoping to start getting back out into the desert before too long.

Chat later!

Joanne

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Dawn_CL
                      Advanced Explorer
                      Mojave Miner
                      • Nov 2009

Hi Joanne,

Am happy to hear about your new home. I know exactly how monotonous and money consuming that renting can be. I have done that for years also but i guess its better than being on the streets though.

I have a question for you since you are closer to the area that im asking about than i am.

Have you been at any mines up around the Searchlight area? I have heard theres mines up in there just outside of the little town there. Im just kind of wondering whats up in there if theres anything at all. I stayed in a motel for a few days there some years ago. The motel was right in the middle of that little town with an all night cafe nearby that had a few slot machines. LOL I have no idea if that motel is even still in business as i havent been up that way in ages.

Dawn
                      Dawn

Comment

• Joanne
                        Mojave Outlaw
                        • Jul 2009

Dawn,

I'll send you a PM. Since this thread is about episode suggestions, I don't want to get off topic on this thread.

Joanne

Comment

• Dawn_CL
                          Advanced Explorer
                          Mojave Miner
                          • Nov 2009

Hi Joanne, Can they move these last posts to a more appropriate thread or not?
                          I figure that way the discussion wont go off-topic or become 'hi-jacked'.

Dawn
                          Dawn

Comment

• josh bernhard
                            Mojave Teen
                            • Jan 2011

Museum tours would be great!

Museums to think about: The Western Mining & Railway Museum, Helper;
                            the mining museum in the Eureka depot, Eureka;
                            The museum in the Tooele Valley Railway depot in Tooele;
                            White Pine County Historical Museum, Ely, Nevada

Also, how about episodes on mining equipment? I enjoyed the one about the trammer, and the discussion about mucking sheets was informative. How about types of ore carts, man movers (the Tooele museum has a tiny four-wheeled bicycle designed for mine rails, and the Utah State Railroad Museum has a tiny pump-handled handcar of 18" gauge that was used in mines, both of which I have pictures of), muckers, pneumatic drills, and/or air-powered and trolley-wire electric trammers?

Ghost towns? You bet! Silver Reef? Cherry Creek, NV? Sego (I could provide the info for that)?

Keep the episodes coming! I really enjoy them!
                            Josh Bernhard

Certified AATN* and professional rivet counter
                            *All-Around Train Nut

Comment

Working...