X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HELLFIRE
    Mojave Baby
    • Dec 2010

Ghost stories...

My brothers and I had a chance to do some exploring this past weekend. As we were in the mine we were able to hear what sounded like miners working with hammers, shovels and even some mumbling. It was AWESOME! Does anyone else have any stories?
    GOTE ON!
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Re: Ghost stories...

Originally posted by HELLFIRE
    My brothers and I had a chance to do some exploring this past weekend. As we were in the mine we were able to hear what sounded like miners working with hammers, shovels and even some mumbling. It was AWESOME! Does anyone else have any stories?
    Welcome to the forum HELLFIRE!

I haven't experienced any sounds, sightings, cold spots, or other apparitions, but I have read other websites where people have shared their experiences.

Here's a thread you might want to read: http://www.mojaveunderground.com/for...opic.php?t=620

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• josh bernhard
      Mojave Teen
      • Jan 2011

When I first visited Jacob City, with my father and brother, there was a strange feeling about it, and I could swear I heard a bugle. We spent the night next to a tramway support on the west side of the mountain facing the valley. While all was still during the five daylight hours we spent setting up camp and checking out a small dump below the road, we were woken up several times during the night by the sound of small rocks rolling down the hill behind us. The next morning as we explored the townsite we couldn't shake the feeling that there was someone watching us-even my brother, who is very practical, said he felt strange.

That was the only time something like that has happened to me- I'm no ghost hunter, but I collect ghost stories for the historical value. Try as I might, I haven't seen any of the well-known ghosts of the Ogden Union Station, but for some reason Jacob City had the right feeling to make us uneasy.
      Josh Bernhard

Certified AATN* and professional rivet counter
      *All-Around Train Nut

Comment

• HELLFIRE
        Mojave Baby
        • Dec 2010

Since we spent that day in the mine, we have listened to the recording that we captured, many times. There are definetly 3 distinct sounds and voices on it. There are some noises of hammers and chisels, there is a shovel and wheelbarrow and we even have people talking. You can't make out what they are saying, but there are there. We can't wait to get back out there. It is definetly the coolest mine trip we done so far.
        GOTE ON!

Comment

• Dino
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Cowboy
          • Jan 2009

My favorite mine ghost story is the one on Montezuma's gold, which is supposedly located in an underwater man made tunnel just north of Kanab. Story has it that some divers went in to explore the tunnel but were overcome by a choking feeling and reportedly saw ghosts. I remember reading that GRE was working on preserving some of the pre-pioneer caves/mines in the area and may know more about the story. As for me, I've never personally experienced anything supernatural in the mines I've been in. I even worked nights in an area of a mine where a person died and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Comment

Working...