• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike369
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2010

Chilean Miners!

This is crazy. I have not seen the news on TV in a long time and my news app on my Iphone never showed thsi. I was talking to a friend of mine about abandoned mine exploration and he brought this up. These guys are possibly going to be down there for 120 days! I know I was win the middle of nowhere with nothing to do really with the same 30 guys for 7 months but at least we were outside. This would suck to be stuck underground for that long. I am definetly going to stay up with this news.

Thirty-three miners trapped underground in Chile for the past 17 days are alive, but rescue workers may not be able to reach them before Christmas, officials said.

• acidman1968
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2010

This topic is being discussed in this thread:

There hasn't been a lot of discussion about it - probably because there's not a lot of new news... One thing I did read though stated that families and such are having some "issues" regarding who is going to collect their pay while they're down there. In one case, the man's wife AND his mistress were both hoping to collect the money - and they didn't know about each other until they saw the signs / posters each other had showing their support for the same miner...

Oops!

Now the guy has a nasty situation waiting for him once he makes it back to the surface.
    I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...

Comment

Working...