X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghosttownhuntress
    Mojave Teen
    • Sep 2009

Miracle

My God, it's a miracle! When my husband saw the gold I brought home today, he asked if there was any more there and I told him yes, and lo and behold...he wants to go to Gold Hill! I cannot believe it! I'm stunned! So it looks like I'm going to have to plan another little trip out there!
    Rachel Heath
    ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com
  • KDT1970
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Sep 2009

Oh my, Gold Fever has allready set in. LOL
    That is cool, I need to make some time for me and my family to go there now.

Comment

• Jeff
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Nov 2008

That is great!
      Jeff
      Mojave Mine Team
      Follow me on Facebook

Comment

• Mark1955
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Dec 2008

There isn't very much left there to be honest. but as long as he's not claustrophobic.... If he is take him into the Stope!

Comment

• Patrocks94
          Mojave Baby
          • Oct 2009

I really hate to bust people's bubbles, but I analyzed the "gold" that we found out on the trip. You will all be happy to know that the "gold" is a mixture of chalcopyrite and arsenopyrite. I did a streak test, a hardness test, and I also checked it out with my powerful microscope. The streak is a greyish to black to a really deep green and the hardness was around a 5. Definately not gold. Although it does contain gold on occasion, the pieces we found are just nice collectors' pieces. However, the Austinite and Adamite I collected are worth quite a bit as far as mineral samples go, so if anyone wants to get rich, then that is the way to go. There was some gold in with the other stuff, but basically it was just chalcopyrite.

Comment

• Mark1955
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Dec 2008

Yea, they did mine arsenic there during WW-2... So that makes sense...

Comment

Working...