Join the movement to ban marathons!!! Stop the slaughter!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Join the movement to ban marathons!!! Stop the slaughter!

In light of closing of the Nutty Putty cave to protect public safety, I implore Mojave Underground to join my campaign to ban all marathons held in the United States and world wide. These ego-laden displays of primitive physical endurance are rife with death, permanent injury, and physical disfigurement.

On December 9, the Las Vegas Review Journal reported, "Three runners -- ages 26, 36 and 65 -- died in the Detroit Marathon/Half-Marathon on Oct. 18, out of a field of 19,000. On Oct. 4, two runners in their 30s died at the Rock 'n' Roll Half-Marathon in San Jose, Calif., in a field of about 10,000."

We must stop this wholesale slaughter of contestants who have been unwittingly duped into participating in these "Death Runs". We must demand sweeping legislation to punish those who organize these events and force sponsors to pay punitive fines to the families of those who have died. Funds must be established to deal with the physical and psychological damage inflicted on the participants.

I will be contacting the United Nations secretary-general, Ban Ki Moon, urging him to enact world wide legislation to protect global citizens from these physical atrocities perpetrated by greedy capitalistic companies trying to sell their over priced, sweatshop manufactured, products to runners, many of whom will die utilizing those same products.

Marathons are the most egregious of dangerous activities and must be focused on initially, but all sports, games, and activities must be scrutinized for physical and emotional danger. Global citizens MUST be protected. Your action is vital. Join me in demanding the end of physio-terrorist activities.

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm
  • Derek
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2008

OH boy!
    -Derek
    Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Mike
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Too funny. If they are going to hit mines up, they need to hit up things like this too.
      -Fish
      Mojave Mine Team
      MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• ryan162
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Feb 2009

hahah what a great way to bring it into perspective lol

Comment

• John
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Miner
          • Oct 2008

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
            Mojave Teen
            • Sep 2009

Oh my brother and sister in law would just LOVE that. They both run marathons and my sister in law has been training to take part in a 200 mile marathon in Arizona. But you guys most definitely do have a point!
            Rachel Heath
            ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Comment

• Mark1955
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Dec 2008

Excllent Joanne and right on! Especially in light of the Utards that run(ruin) our beautiful state...

Comment

• Mike Schriber
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Cowboy
                • Dec 2008

Don't stop there! I think they should really close Mt. Hood. They just found one dead hiker and two more are missing. They'll be deploying the C-130 and helos tomorrow. People need to be protected from this sort of thing! Who knew hiking a mountain in winter without the proper gear or communications could be dangerous!

I think they should build a fence with a locked gate around the mountain to prevent something like this from happening again. Safety is the most important thing right?

Shesh.

Mike
                Underground Explorers
                California Abandoned Mine Exploration

Comment

• Mr.Irksome
                  Mojave Child
                  • Aug 2009

I guess We'll have to close up Angel's Landing at Zion's where the woman fell too.

Comment

Working...