• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • konigstigerii
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Dec 2008

Haven't been on here for a while...but now I got a new truck

So while wheeling at my cabin on private property, and while under the influence, I ended up going off the side of the dirt road and flipped my truck, my buddy and I were completely fine, though hiking up the mountain in pitch blackness with one flash light wasn't fun. Completely stupid, I know, lecture me if you must, we have learned, but we weren't hurt and the truck drove fine once we got it out of the ditch and back on its wheels. So from there I have been concentrating on helping my dad fix it back up and do the body work, and in combination of school, haven't been camping since the dugway trip But I sold the truck to another friend, who knows it was tipped and saw the damage, and loves it, and I bought a 04 Chevy Avalanche, the S10 was a great truck, but every time on camping trips it was jammed packed, so the bigger avalanche is really nice, a long with the extra nice features it has like the sunroof. I will of course treat the new truck a lot nicer But anyways pics are always nice, so here they are:

Body work:

lots of reshaping the metal, bondo and body putty

after the roll, ready for my friend to buy it

And finally the New avalanche!

testing it

So end the end my buddy and I learned a very good thing, didn't get hurt, and I was able to sell my truck for good deal to another friend, who just loves the truck, and I was able to upgrade and get a truck I love as well, so in the end, good things came from this stupid mistake.
  • RockRacer
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

That sucks bro, but nice "new" truck. That is one NON-toyota that I have liked the look of for some time. I have done that same thing a couple times, NOT under the influence, so what does that say?

I just got a "new" mine expedition rig also, but I won't take away from your thread.
    Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• konigstigerii
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Dec 2008

Yep the avalanche was the perfect choice, I hated not having 4 doors on my truck, wanted to still be able to sleep in it and carry things, but wanted to keep the wheel base around the same as the S10, the avalanche was a clear choice, as I never need both capabilities at once. It has a 31 gallon tank, so no more hauling extra gas cans, as so far I have gotten about 19mpg on the high way, not much worse than the s10, the side cargo bins are awesome, I can fit nearly all my tools and recovery gear in them! And lots of other improvements from the S10. But yeah I don't mind, post some pics of your new ride!

Comment

• one_bad_rover

Should've bought a rover.. they are dirt cheap now a days. and easy to fix...

Comment

• konigstigerii
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Cowboy
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by one_bad_rover
          Should've bought a rover.. they are dirt cheap now a days. and easy to fix...
          lol the damage was only cosmetic except the side window and mirror Plus going camping, gas cans and bar-b-ques aren't nice on the inside of an SUV lol

Comment

Working...