X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghosttownhuntress
    Mojave Teen
    • Sep 2009

Injury

Well it seems I just can't stay on my feet. Just as I got back on my feet from my hysterectomy I go to California for Halloween and bust up my ankle. At least I got one good day out of California, while we were in San Diego. I got to shop and play at the beach all day then dressed up in my Halloween getup ( Burlesque dancer) and went to this awesome party at Dream Street in Ocean Beach. Afterwards we walked out on the pier and around the beach some more and then my husband decided to do a photo shoot with me as the model (don't worry; nothing too naughty! I just about fell off a 20 foot wall during the photo shoot LOL) in the courtyard at our hotel. Our hotel was right on the beach. The next day was spent rushing and getting ready for the band (my husband sponsors an awesome hardcore band: A Balance of Power) to play at the Whisky A Go Go in Hollywood, which is where I made my *Grand* entrance into Hollywood. Let's just say that 4 inch stilettos, 6 shots of Jager and stairs don't mix. I came home with a very badly sprained ankle and have to be on crutches for 4-6 weeks. I still think I broke something; I'm going in for a second opinion tomorrow. This is my seventh time in just over two years ending up in the hospital. Anyway, good thing it happened this time of year so I can spend the winter healing and then come spring I should be able to go out on excursions with Mojave Underground again. By the way, when is the next meeting to plan the conference? I still plan on being there.
    Rachel Heath
    ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com
  • Jeff
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Nov 2008

Dang Rachel that sucks sorry to hear that, Does this mean you will no longer be wearing stiletos whilst engageing in jager inflicted nincompoopery?
    Jeff
    Mojave Mine Team
    Follow me on Facebook

Comment

• John
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Oct 2008

That really sucks Rachel.

Take it easy and get mended.

Comment

• Joanne
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Jul 2009

Here's to hoping you get better soon!!

A couple of years back I stepped off of a flat bed trailer, rolled my ankle over and broke it. No stilettos or Jager to blame. Just plain ol' clumsy!! Hard to believe I know....

Anyway, hoping you get well!

Joanne
        Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Mark1955
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Dec 2008

Rachel,

Just cause it's winter doesn't mean it's time to stop exploring mines!!! I was on top of Gold Hill at the pit on New Years Eve two years ago... The howling coyotes at dusk were way too cool! Heal up soon!!

Mark

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
            Mojave Teen
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Jeff
            Dang Rachel that sucks sorry to hear that, Does this mean you will no longer be wearing stiletos whilst engageing in jager inflicted nincompoopery?
            Oh no, I'm determined to get back on those stilettos! I just neglected to practice walking before I wore them this time. Next time I'll practice starting three months in advance!
            Rachel Heath

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
              Mojave Teen
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Mark1955
              Rachel,

Just cause it's winter doesn't mean it's time to stop exploring mines!!! I was on top of Gold Hill at the pit on New Years Eve two years ago... The howling coyotes at dusk were way too cool! Heal up soon!!

Mark
              Well I can't very well explore mines with crutches! I'm going to have to take the winter off this year! I can only imagine hearing those coyotes, I miss the sound of coyotes. Maybe come January or February I may be able to get back into the mines, we'll see how fast I heal.
              Rachel Heath

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
                Mojave Teen
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Joanne
                Here's to hoping you get better soon!!

A couple of years back I stepped off of a flat bed trailer, rolled my ankle over and broke it. No stilettos or Jager to blame. Just plain ol' clumsy!! Hard to believe I know....

Anyway, hoping you get well!

Joanne
                Ouch, that sounds like it hurt! I went in for a second opinion with my regular doctor today and she confirmed there are no breaks but the sprain is worse than the ER doctor said. Apparently I tore tendons and ligaments all up and down my foot and ankle; not bad enough for surgery but still pretty bad. She gave me a boot to wear instead of the air brace I got from the hospital and the boot is a Godsend. It completely immobilizes my foot and ankle and completely supports them, something the brace didn't do. I should heal a lot faster with the boot. Anyway, thanks everybody for your well wishes!
                Rachel Heath

Comment

Working...