X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghosttownhuntress
    Mojave Teen
    • Sep 2009

Sorry about another off-topic post

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm going in for my hysterectomy tomorrow. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Luckily with the new medical technologies they've been coming out with my recovery time should only be a week or two, instead of the traditional 6-8 weeks. Also in my benefit is it is not a full hysterectomy, I get to keep my one ovary that hasn't been destroyed yet. I'll post in a couple of days and let you guys know how I'm doing. I'm really hoping to still make it to the Hidden Treasure, but don't be surprised if I don't make it. I'll still be at the conference meeting next month. Wish me luck!
    Rachel Heath
    ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Rachel,

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this challenging time in your life.

As you point out, the current medical techniques and procedures make it a much less difficult recovery than it was in the past. We'll be thinking of you!

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• John
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Oct 2008

Wishing you much luck & a speedy recovery.

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
        Mojave Teen
        • Sep 2009

Surgery went great, I'm healing quickly. I've been sleeping a lot to try and help healing along, although Saturday I went on a Mommy-Daughter date with my older daughter Becca. I way overdid it that day, I'm in pain today, but it was so worth the pain. I hardly ever get to spend any quality time with my older daughter like that anymore, just me and her. My youngest always keeps me too busy. Definitely worth the pain. I just took another Lortab and slept the day away to deal with the pain today. Anyway, just thought I'd let ya'll know how I'm doing.
        Rachel Heath

Comment

• John
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Miner
          • Oct 2008

Happy to hear your doing ok.

Comment

• Joanne
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Jul 2009

Glad to hear that you are out and on the mend!

I can relate to over doing it. After a surgery I decided I felt good enough to walk to the park and back. It took me two full days to recover. I've never felt so weak in my life. As they say in Monte Python, "I'm feeling better".

Joanne
            Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
              Mojave Teen
              • Sep 2009

Well now I'm regretting the busy day I had Saturday with my daughter. It was well worth it because I never get to spend any quality time with her, but now I have an infection and have been running a fever for three days and my doctor took my stitches out yesterday to find that one of the incisions didn't close ( a result of falling down the stairs), so now I have a big gaping hole in my side. He showed me how to clean it and dress it and sent me home with an antibiotic. I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic (apparently nobody told me it was penicillin based and it's written all over my charts that I'm allergic to penicillin!) so I was on the phone all day to the doctor's office and finally got a new antibiotic. I really hope this new antibiotic works soon, today my temperature's the highest it's been yet (101.6). I hate being sick and being kept down. It so cramps my style, LOL.
              Rachel Heath

Comment

Working...