X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghosttownhuntress
    Mojave Teen
    • Sep 2009

Completely, totally off topic

I know this is completely, totally off topic, but I just got an article from my Dad in England from a British edition of Time Magazine about Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and Dogtown. If any of you read my intro, you know that I rescue, rehabilitate and rehome pit bulls and am affiliated with Salt Lake County Animal Services Pit Crew. This article was all about the work that Dogtown does with pit bulls, including the pit bulls from the Michael Vick case. I am so glad that the reputation of pit bulls is finally starting to turn around and people are realizing that they're just like any other dog. It's all in how they're raised and trained. And coming from a British edition of Time Magazine is that much more impressive, since England is #1 in pit bull bans in the world. I'm hoping this will help them ease off their bans on pit bulls a little bit. I'm just so happy that we're getting international recognition now!
    Rachel Heath
    ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Rachel,

Kudos for your work with the rescue. There are so many animals that need our love and protection. No one group can do it all, so small groups and individuals have to make up the difference.

I'm old enough to remember (way) back when German Shepherds were all the rage and they got a really bad reputation for being mean dogs. All the Shepherds that I ever met were wonderful dogs.

Keep up the good work!

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
      Mojave Teen
      • Sep 2009

Yeah we have one of those too. Our Shepherd is only about 4-5 months old, and really rambunctious and stubborn and won't leave my poor 10 year old pit bull alone, but he has a good heart. He's so sweet and follows me everywhere.
      Rachel Heath
      ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...