You never know what you'll find in a cave/mine...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExpUt
    True Mojave
    • Jul 2008

You never know what you'll find in a cave/mine...

An interesting read I stumbled across:

How weird is that? To think similar scenarios are likely playing out elsewhere and we would never know it. There were two similar cases here in Utah I can think of, one rock Hermit cave in Millard Canyon that housed an old-timer until his death and another in Big Cottonwood Canyon (just above Salt Lake) that too housed an old-timer until his house was destroyed by the widening of the road up the canyon. Part of his house is still there if you know where to look, its neat to see. I never had the chance to meet either of them, these happened long before my time... but boy would it be neat to sit down and pick their brain on some things.

The Millard County hermit house:

(my guard dog Jada)
    Kurt Williams
    CruiserOutfitters.com
    ExpeditionUtah.com
    MojaveUnderground.com
  • Skylinerider
    Mojave Teen
    • Nov 2008

Good read. It's a shame that they erased all evidence of his existance though. I sure hope the grotto had permission from the property owner.

I've often thought I could live for a spell in some of the caves out by the GSL.
    www.drycanyonmaps.com

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
      Mojave Teen
      • Sep 2009

I found a similar cave-type dwelling up the south fork of Spring Canyon by Helper right next to the ghost town of Mutual. The person who was living there put up logs and something that looked like tar paper and a door to shelter him from the elements. Inside it was two rooms, though the wall had collapsed and there was a stovepipe going out in between a couple of the logs. It is very intriguing to come across places like this; you wonder how these people live and why they decide to live there.
      Rachel Heath
      ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...