• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockRacer
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

VNV NATION coming!

I believe there are a few people on here that are familiar with the music of VNV Nation. (One of the sweet MU videos are edited with some) They will be here July 3rd!!!

VNV Nation tour schedule

VNV Nation youtube sample

I went a year or two ago and it was just awesome!

Who will come with me? Only $16 at the Murray Theatre
    Tobin - K7TOB

• Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Stu, Crystal, and I already plan on being there! Guess we'll run into there eh?
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• RockRacer
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mike
      Stu, Crystal, and I already plan on being there! Guess we'll run into there eh?
      NO JOKE!?! That's sweet. This might sounds stupid, but it would be cool to do more than "run into you guys" since I am sure I won't be able to convince anyone else to go. (I have sometimes gone to these things by myself and it's not near as much fun plus you look like an idiot, but still worth it)

BTW, I should have linked a song from their new album that the will be singing from. Of Faith Power And Glory (Youtube)
      Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• Stuart
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Yeah, we have been planing on going to this for a few days now. VNV nation is great. Maybe we can meet in Lehi or something and carpool the rest of the way up to Murray? Have you already bought your tickets or do you plan on buying them at the door?
        -Stuart Burgess
        Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
        Burgess Exploration LLC
        http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
        Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• UnderUtah
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jun 2008

Remember that if you are planning an event in which people meet and travel together over BLM managed lands you must complete the appropriate forms, submit payment and fingerprints to the permitting office six months in advance. This apparently applies to carpooling to concerts, so get those forms in!!!
          Miah
          Mojave Mine Team

"...It's the only way... Go in, or go back..."

Comment

• Mike
            Administrator
            True Mojave
            • Sep 2007

AH, Miah, a very good point. I made sure to check that our driving to the concert does NOT fall on BLM land, at least not this time. Lucky for us! I was quite afraid I'd have to send in for a permit! Especially since you need 120 days before the event to file for the permit! Remember to check which roads are on Public Lands BEFORE setting your family reunion destination!

On a side note, I found it funny that most of the wilderness study areas are those that only experienced offroad drivers can access...
            Sounds like the BLM won't go anywhere they can't drive their Pruis too.
            -Fish
            Mojave Mine Team
            MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• RockRacer
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Dec 2008

You guys are too funny!

That would be nice to carpool. I don't mind being the one to pick the short straw. I would be driving my 05 Corolla (of course another Toyota) so I can squeeze 3 adults in back and an a forth in front. If I am the one to drive, I just would have to know prior to so I can take the 2 car seats out.

I was thinking about getting my ticket before hand since it seems like it is sometimes a little cheaper and it guarantees I get in. I think there's a Smith's in American Fork right by my work...
              Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• Crystal

Stuart looked online for those tickets last night and good 'ole Smith's Tix made our $16 tickets about $25 a piece. . . maybe at the store they don't charge a handling fee???

Comment

• RockRacer
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Outlaw
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Crystal
                  Stuart looked online for those tickets last night and good 'ole Smith's Tix made our $16 tickets about $25 a piece. . . maybe at the store they don't charge a handling fee???
                  Wow! It sounds like their stupid fees went up. I wish there was a way to know what the door charge would be. Any thoughts anyone?
                  Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• divingbuddy
                    Mojave Child
                    • Jan 2009

I just bought tickets to Aussie Pink Floyd Show in September.......I got the tickets at the Smiths on 4500 S 900 E from SmithTix and they still added the ticket surcharge of $10 on top of the ticket price. $39 ticket jumped to $49.....OUCH!!!!! but got to have the tickets to see the show.

Comment

• RockRacer
                      Advanced Explorer
                      Mojave Outlaw
                      • Dec 2008

Called Murray Theatre and they said it would be $20 at the door.
                      Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• Stuart
                        Administrator
                        True Mojave
                        • Sep 2007

Ok then, where do they get the $16 ticket prices? Their website says 16 bucks and the tickets will be available for sale one hour before the show. If they are really going to charge $20 I guess I will just buy them at Smiths.
                        -Stuart Burgess
                        Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
                        Burgess Exploration LLC

Comment

• RockRacer
                          Advanced Explorer
                          Mojave Outlaw
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Stuart
                          Ok then, where do they get the $16 ticket prices? Their website says 16 bucks and the tickets will be available for sale one hour before the show. If they are really going to charge $20 I guess I will just buy them at Smiths.
                          K, but I thought Crystal said they were $25 TOTAL at Smith's? The guy I spoke with said at the door it's $16 + $4 (for not buying in advance)
                          Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• Stuart
                            Administrator
                            True Mojave
                            • Sep 2007

Haha, so to clarify things here a bit. Tickets are $25 ONLINE at Smiths Tix, the price at the physical store locations has not been checked yet, but I will find out tomorrow. Tickets the day of the show are $20, for not buying in advance. My only question now is can we buy them in advance and if so when?

We have five days and need four tickets, lets get the best deal.
                            -Stuart Burgess
                            Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
                            Burgess Exploration LLC

Comment

• RockRacer
                              Advanced Explorer
                              Mojave Outlaw
                              • Dec 2008

Gotcha!

Yes, please. Let's find the best deal. If anyone can beat my $20, I will give you a...handshake.

Hey, check this out!!! VNV Signing.

BTW, funny thing. It was a slow night at work Friday so my buddy and I, who I sit next to were exchanging youtube clips. I sent him over the new VNV and he loved it. He went out and bought the CD at FYE the next day!
                              Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

Working...