X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExpUt
    True Mojave
    • Jul 2008

Ophir Hill, the movie star?

So I'm sitting here watching "Outlaw Trail: The Treasure of Butch Cassidy" with my wife when one particular scene looks reeeeally familiar. Take not the majority (all?) of the movie is filmed in Utah, so it all feels somewhat familiar... but this is different, I know this place. So I start digging through my photos of old buildings and their insides. Low and behold I'm 95% sure one of the scenes is filmed in the furnace building at the Ophir Hill Mine, the furnace, the boiler tank in the corner, the windows, the workbench, they all jive. It was filmed in 2006 but I figured in your chatting with the owner somebody might have heard? Am I up in the night?
    Kurt Williams
    CruiserOutfitters.com
    ExpeditionUtah.com
    MojaveUnderground.com
  • ExpUt
    True Mojave
    • Jul 2008

Oh, and a few of the scenes are filmed inside of a mine. Looks pretty staged but it could be somewhere inside the Ophir Hill? They filmed all over the state so it could be a different mine too?
    Kurt Williams
    CruiserOutfitters.com
    ExpeditionUtah.com
    MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Stuart
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Ophir Movie Star

You are right on Kurt! Our ol' buddy Harley set up the location, provided the props, and he is even in the film! I think I have seen it three times now, its a good solid movie.
      -Stuart Burgess
      Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
      Burgess Exploration LLC
      http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
      Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• ExpUt
        True Mojave
        • Jul 2008

Where is Harley in the movie? I must admit I was too busy staring at the background to see all the actors
        Kurt Williams
        CruiserOutfitters.com
        ExpeditionUtah.com
        MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• JeffBett
          Mojave Child
          • Feb 2009

WOW, that is so weird, my family and I just watched that movie last night also, I had a copy of it sitting around for 4 months and finally got around to watching it and then I see I am not the only one. Funny because I made comments to my family during the mine scenes. (ore carts and dynamite everywhere) I can't wait to find a mine that has an audit that is behind a waterfall. Last year we stopped in Beaver on the 4th of July on vacation and they had a Butch Cassidy Days celebration instead of Independance day. That was only a few miles from "Circleville" in the movie.

Jeff
          Underground Explorers

Comment

• Jake
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Cowboy
            • Dec 2007

Here"s a link to the Imdb for "Outlaw Trail: The Treasure of Butch Cassidy" Movie for all you that are Interested.

Link to the OutLaw Trail
            -Jake Burgess
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
            Liberty is a well-armed lamb." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...