X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott99tx
    Mojave Baby
    • Apr 2009

SAGER laptops

Ive been reading your messages on notebookreview and you seem very knowledgeable on sager notebooks. I have some questions if you dont mind answering. On dollar cost is it preferable to go with the NP5797 with the 280m card or stay with the NP5793 with the 9800gts or smaller screen 15.4 NP8662 with the 260m. I would like to hear your input.
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Well I can't find you on NBR, so I'll help ya here, even tho its waay off topic from the forum.

Your questions are going to come down to how much you are willing to spend. There are many advantages of each system.

With the recent price drop of the NP5797, I'd have to say this is your best choice. The 128-shader GTX 280m is extremely powerful, and runs great alongside the PM45 chipset. In order to take advantage of that card, however, you are going to want a minimum of a quad at 2.2ghz or duo at 2.66ghz. This system will outright beat most desktops on the market today.

The NP8662's only advantage is its size. You'll have to determine if you want a 15" or a 17" when it comes to this one. It doesn't allow the higher end extreme edition cpus or the GTX 280m. It also runs much hotter than a 17".

The NP5793 is a great system, but becoming a little dated. The only thing I don't like about it is the 9800m GTS, which just won't really keep up with the latest games.

The GTX 260m is equivalent to a lower clocked 9800 GT desktop card
    The GTX 280m is equivalent to a lower clocked 9800 GTX+ desktop card.

If I were you, I'd go with the NP5797 with the GTX 280m, 4GB, and a QX9300 or an X9100.

Feel free to PM me on NBR.
    Thank you for visiting the TechnologyGuide network. Unfortunately, these forums are no longer active. We extend a heartfelt thank you to the entire community for their steadfast support—it is really you, our readers, that drove
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...