• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Acetone in Fuel

With gas prices at record highs, many are turning to alternate methods of improving fuel efficiency. I read on the internet that adding 2oz of Acetone to every 10 gallons in a tank can improve gas mileage by around 10mpg. So I decided to try it out for myself. My truck gets about 15 miles to the gallon. I usually max my tank out to 300 miles, if I'm lucky. I'm not sure how well it works, but so far... I've driven 360 miles on this tank, 60 over my high, and most of it is city driving. I can't seem to run out though! My fuel gauge doesn't work, so I'm not sure how much fuel I've got left. Run it till dry!

If I hit at least 400 miles per tank, Acetone would be very valuable as an additive. From my research, its extremely clean burning, non acidic and very mildly corrosive (skin can handle it for a while) and nowhere am I able to find any expert able to say a negative effect on the fuel and exhaust system of a vehicle.

I got 375 miles on a tank, 75 miles more than my max of 300 miles per tank. Not bad!
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook
  • mymania
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Jun 2008

Interesting

Comment

Working...