• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • headhunter
    Mojave Baby
    • Oct 2020

Let's bring this forum back to life

Well...I'm new here.

As I continue to browse the forum, I've noticed that there are quite a few guests visiting (I see the numbers at the bottom of the page).

It appears that even though this site has gone a bit dormant, that people continue to come here looking for information. There is a lot of great information from old posts and I think it would be great to see the site come back to life.

If you are browsing this post and think it would be cool if this site became active again, sign up and post an introduction.

Maybe this site can become active again with new members posting questions and pointing each other to the answers!

Posting questions in older relevant threads might be a good way to bring old members back to share their knowledge, since they many of them probably get an email letting them know there was a post in that thread.

It's just a thought, but what do you think?

Christian
  • Twise
    Mojave Baby
    • Jun 2020

Heck yeah let’s bring it back! A lot of the mines that were posted about when this forum was alive are closed now which is why we need new trip reports! I have been to a few and will be posting some trip reports soon!

Comment

• nabzim
      Mojave Baby
      • Oct 2022

I just joined; just found this forum today! Looks like it's mostly a "dead" forum, but I'm sure the folks here are still active explorers, so lets bring it back to life!
      I'm sure we all have concerns about protecting these historic sites from vandalism and looting, and therefore we should be careful about publicly stating the names of locations. Perhaps this is the only pitfall of such an online community, as there is no way to discern the true motives/intentions of users... nevertheless, I'm glad it exists, and glad I found it!

Up until now, I had always hoped to find a forum for serious abandoned mine exploration, and could never find one (there was one I found a while back, but based in the UK.. so, irrelevant!)

I only found this forum because I was searching for some unidentifiable mine in Google maps pics. I'll be sure to make a post about it!

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Good news, we've done some massive updates to the site! It was a struggle keeping the old vBulletin site functional. Looking forward to seeing more content here, especially without the Meta gods tracking everything. Just our own private server.
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...