Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hawkeye-TP
    Mojave Teen
    • Feb 2013

Hey, How do I get an avatar on this forum? Everyone has cool pictures under their names when they post, and I've got nothing like a noob!
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Hawkeye-TP
    Hey, How do I get an avatar on this forum? Everyone has cool pictures under their names when they post, and I've got nothing like a noob!
    Up at the top right of the screen is an option SETTINGS that you should click. As you might guess, it will take you to the settings page. Then look down the left side task bar looking for the EDIT AVATAR option. Clicking on Edit Avatar will take you to the screen where you can upload your own photo to use as your avatar. There are limits to the size (in pixels and kb) so watch those parameters.

I can resize a photo for you if you don't have image editing software on your PC. Just let me know.

Hope that helps.

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Hawkeye-TP
      Mojave Teen
      • Feb 2013

Ok, I see that. But this is all I get when I lick Edit Avatar:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 1.47.49 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	11357

Comment

• Hawkeye-TP
        Mojave Teen
        • Feb 2013

Er, click Edit Avatar. Heh, when lick I get something completely different.

Comment

• Joanne
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jul 2009

In the image that you posted, it appears that the DO NOT USE AVATAR button has been selected. (at the bottom left) Try clicking on it to see if the screen changes to give you the option of entering an avatar photo. Hopefully that will display the dialog that enables you to use an avatar.

Joanne
          Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• mr_ketchum
            Mojave Teen
            • Nov 2017

the only option I get for an avatar is "Do not use an avatar"

Do I not have permission to add an avatar due to low post count?

Comment

Working...