X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lukefast
    Mojave Baby
    • Jan 2014

Airplan crash sites

I know this forum is more for underground exploration but I feel there is some exploration that may intrigue people that may not always be below ground. I wanted to ask if anyone in the Salt Lake Area knows of any plane crash sites that can be visited? (or that still have some remains of a plane) I wanted to see if anyone knows of a crash site that is in or around SLC or in the close desert areas near there. I am wanting an adventure like that. I love exploring caves and mines but I am looking for someonething a little different. I was wanting something like this because of a post I read on here from 'Tails' back in 2011. I have been wanting to go visit something like that. I dont mind a hike or an excuse to take a ATV out. Let me know if anyone has any informaiton.

Thanks,

Luke
  • Kiel
    Mojave Miner
    • Feb 2009

I would check out expeditionutah, they have a section for it
    Underground Baby!

Comment

• Rubyredvet
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Sep 2010

Thereis a site in Pat Hollow in the Bear Lake area. I believe it was a troop plane bringing home Korean War soldiers. There is a monument with small pices of wreckage thet people have found in the trees surrounding the area. No large pieces that I know of, but smaller pieces seem to still be found in the area. In the winter it is accessible by snowmobile. Summer a motorcycle or ATV works well.

Comment

• Lukefast
        Mojave Baby
        • Jan 2014

Thank you both. I will look around.

Comment

• ExpUt
          True Mojave
          • Jul 2008

As Kiel mentioned there are a bunch of wreck sites discussed on ExpeditionUtah, here is a new one I've been researching:

A few others:

Kurt Williams
          CruiserOutfitters.com
          ExpeditionUtah.com
          MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Lukefast
            Mojave Baby
            • Jan 2014

Thank you ExpUT this is awesome.

Comment

Working...