• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dino
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Jan 2009

Steve Jobs Sucks!

I was first introduced to this story in the book Mass Destruction by Timothy J LeCain and found the introduction very interesting. He effectively ties the legacy of copper magnate Daniel Jackling and his mass mining revolution to the newly developed legacy of Steve Jobs and the computer revolution and coincidentally how Jobs aims to destroy the very mansion Jackling created. Although a preservation effort was created to try and save Jacklings house in Woodside, CA by the conservation group "Uphold our heritage", Jobs prevailed and tore down a little known piece of history that helped to create the very same wealth he enjoys. So therefore I say, "Steve Jobs Sucks"!

• Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Well I could have told you he sucks without reading that, but that is interesting information. I just hate him for his monopolistic mentality of 'If you don't comply with our ways, we'll sue you till you do' that he and his company has. Apple and Jobs are bullies in the digital world.
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• ExpUt
      True Mojave
      • Jul 2008

Jobs who?

I'm just stoked to see some action on the site
      Kurt Williams
      CruiserOutfitters.com
      ExpeditionUtah.com
      MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Haha I agree! Where is everybody?
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Joanne
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jul 2009

I have a bunch of pictures I want to post, but I just haven't had time to resize them all. Headed out to Pioche last weekend and had a great time. I had not been there before and didn't know about the tramway that still runs through town. It's a great little town. I'll have photos as soon as I get time. (We are doing a big software rollout so I'm wayyy busy right now...)

Joanne
          Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Mike
            Administrator
            True Mojave
            • Sep 2007

Moved from the News section. This thread belongs in 'Offtopic"
            -Fish
            Mojave Mine Team
            MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Therrin
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Miner
              • Jan 2011

I'm not sure what started the whole Steve Jobs rant... but it looked like a transplant from a thread at uer.ca, which ran for several pages long on the topic.

Funny enough, one of the people who used to be a moderator on that urban exploration forum, was at the Jackling house, and while trying to set up candles for a photography they were doing (while tresspassing) he managed to burn down the entire MASSIVE pipe organ inside the house.
              While everyone else who had come was ferrying in buckets of water and bottles of piss to try to put the flames out, the perpetrator was curled up in a ball moaning "why is this happening to me".

True story.
              Herpin' so hard I'm derpin'.
              TRESSPASS??? Meeee? :mrgreen:

Comment

• Therrin
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Miner
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Joanne
                I have a bunch of pictures I want to post, but I just haven't had time to resize them all. Headed out to Pioche last weekend and had a great time. I had not been there before and didn't know about the tramway that still runs through town. It's a great little town. I'll have photos as soon as I get time. (We are doing a big software rollout so I'm wayyy busy right now...)

Joanne
                OMG YOU WENT TO PIOCHE???
                You should talk to Mike S., of Underground Explorers about it. We had been wanting to go up there and have a look see based on some data we found that interested us in the place.
                Herpin' so hard I'm derpin'.
                TRESSPASS??? Meeee? :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...