• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike369
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2010

Summer trips

So when is Mojave Underground going to get together for some camping and exploring? I am dying to go the Hidden Treasure and Ophir Hill. I know the situation out there but if we can I would love to go.
    I don't have any specific exploration trips planned for this summer but I am going to plan on going somewhere every other Saturday. What is everyone else planning on doing? I think I am going to go up AF canyon and explore around that area. I am hoping for a nice long summer so I can get in as many trips as possible.

• KDT1970
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Sep 2009

I plan on going out as much as possible. I am even trying to find a place to rent on the tooele area so I can be closer to a lot of the mines in that area.

Comment

• Joanne
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2009

A few of us are heading out to Tecopa around July 20 - 24. It's going to be HOT but we'll sleep in the mine.

Joanne
      Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Hidden Treasure and Ophir are not likely going to happen anytime soon, especially the Ophir.

However I'm headed out to Spor Mountain with a few friends on the 18th, 19th. Nothing official, just some camping. You all can jump on my facebook for details.
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• ghosttownhuntress
          Mojave Teen
          • Sep 2009

Anybody going to be in the Moab area 4th of July weekend? Let me know I'll be down there, want to see what's down there.
          Rachel Heath
          ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Comment

• Danb
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Cowboy
            • Sep 2009

I’m headed to my claim at Silver City, ID for 2 weeks starting the weekend of the 4th.

In May, I examined the caved entrance of the Dewy Tunnel near my claim. It was a haul tunnel for the Black Jack/Trade Dollar Mines. It runs several hundred feet. I found the top of the roof timbers where they hit bedrock. An hour of pick and shovel work each evening may open it up. I'll post what I find.

Silver City is a very worth while visit for any one interested in old mining towns and mining history.

Dan
            We do it underground and under water.
            Claims Manager, Utah Gold Prospector Club

Comment

• Joanne
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Jul 2009

It looks like a couple of us are going to be heading out to Delamar mine and ghost town over July 6 - 8. We will be doing vertical exploration, but there is lots of horizontal and photography opportunities as well. It's at about 5,800 feet so it should be reasonably cool up there.

Give me a PM for details if you are interested in going.

Joanne
              Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• ExpUt
                True Mojave
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Danb
                In May, I examined the caved entrance of the Dewy Tunnel near my claim. It was a haul tunnel for the Black Jack/Trade Dollar Mines. It runs several hundred feet. I found the top of the roof timbers where they hit bedrock. An hour of pick and shovel work each evening may open it up. I'll post what I find.
                Please do, I'd be very interested to hear what comes of it. Great bumping into you at the UGPC meeting too.
                Kurt Williams
                CruiserOutfitters.com
                ExpeditionUtah.com
                MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• lobster68w
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Miner
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Danb
                  I’m headed to my claim at Silver City, ID for 2 weeks starting the weekend of the 4th.

Silver City is a very worth while visit for any one interested in old mining towns and mining history.

Dan

Are there any mines up that way that are accessible or is it mostly surface exploration?

I heard it's quite an amazing area, yet never have been there myself.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

Working...