X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Salt Lake City is beautiful

I just returned from Salt Lake City where I attended the funeral of my best friend's mother. She was buried in the Redwood Cemetary overlooking the beautiful Wasach mountains. What a beautiful site to be laid to your final rest.

It had been many years since I was through SLC and had forgotten just what a beautiful city it is. For those of you who have not had the opportunity to travel to SLC, I would suggest that you put it on your travel itinerary.

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm
  • acidman1968
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2010

I would have to agree with you Joanne!

Granted, I live just outside Salt Lake City (about 35 miles to the southwest on the west side of the Oquirrh Mountains), but I do end up going into Salt Lake fairly often. I will admit though, that I do take the beautiful location of Salt Lake City for granted - and I would bet many people in this area do.

Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to reopen your eyes.
    I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...

Comment

• Danb
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Sep 2009

Thank You Joanne for your comments on our city. I’m sorry for you loss. I drive by that cemetery every day on my way to and from work.

Every year when I come home from my 2-3 week stay at my claim in Idaho, I see the Wasatch Mountains and know I am home. I grew up at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon and have explored many mines in the Wasatch Range. Most are now closed.

And if you looked to the west you can’t have missed the Kennecott Copper Mine. They were just granted preliminary plans to expand. I talked to one of the Mining Engineers at the concentrator plant and he mentioned they are expected to add alot of jobs.

There is a visitor center. It’s cool to be there when they blast.

Regards,
      Dan
      We do it underground and under water.
      Claims Manager, Utah Gold Prospector Club

Comment

Working...