• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Meeting was awesome!!

At the meeting and it went great! 30 Attendees!
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook
  • RockRacer
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

Congrats on the turnout Mike! I am stoked to start attending these in the future. I have completely changed up my work schedule making it possible. Glad my bro was able to attend. Thanks for making him feel welcome.
    Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• rhartill
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jun 2008

Yes, the first MU public meeting was awesome. Chance to put faces to the people we've met online, and Stuart's trip report and Miah's intro powerpoint presentation were well-received. Troy mentioned the issue of possibly bringing too much attention to the BLM on sites we visit, and I wanted to share the link to the blog posting on mindat regarding whether to publish or not. Mike's statement is well worth repeating--overall, publishing the coordinates and location of historic mine features serves us well and when enough of the public know about these sites, they are empowered to ask the State not to backfill or destructively close these features.

We do know that the BLM and DOGM look at our website, and some our the pictures we post wind up as "near misses" on OSM fatality lists! I am equally sure that they would LOVE to find photographic evidence of trespassing or violation of laws and prosecute someone too.

Here is the link to the mindat discussion on lat long of localities:

Comment

• Kiel
        Mojave Miner
        • Feb 2009

I had a great time also. Thanks MMT
        Underground Baby!

Comment

• ExpUt
          True Mojave
          • Jul 2008

Greet meeting, exciting to see the turnout with such a diverse demographic make up. A burst of enthusiasm has me staying up late working on some of my mine hobby projects, researching and reading
          Kurt Williams
          CruiserOutfitters.com
          ExpeditionUtah.com
          MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• KDT1970
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Sep 2009

Sorry my wife and I didn’t make it, we were in the hospital. Her blood pressure is fluctuating from 68/33 to 155/97. Of course the ER Doctor didn’t even have a cardiologist come look at her. He gave here some antibiotics and sent here home after 5 hours.

Comment

• acidman1968
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Miner
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by KDT1970
              Sorry my wife and I didn’t make it, we were in the hospital. Her blood pressure is fluctuating from 68/33 to 155/97. Of course the ER Doctor didn’t even have a cardiologist come look at her. He gave here some antibiotics and sent here home after 5 hours.
              Hope everything is alright with your wife... Take good care of her!
              I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...

Comment

Working...