"Wildlands" decree could impact 6 million acres...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acidman1968
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2010

"Wildlands" decree could impact 6 million acres...

...of Utah land.

Looks like the "Empire" speaketh again... This time it's sounding like another "federal land grab" that's using a backdoor approach to create more "wilderness".

Washington • Interior Department Secretary Ken Salazar announced plans Thursday to allow land managers to designate swaths of public land as “wild lands” and protect them, essentially setting aside a 2003 agreement negotiated by then-Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt that had taken away that authority.

Salazar issued an order allowing Bureau of Land Management officials to place public lands with wilderness characteristics in a new category that offers more protection. About 6 million acres in Utah could be affected.
    Gads it's frackin' disgusting that the federal government owns so much land out west... Especially when they have so much power to block states from developing their own resources - often with the encouragement of special interest enviro-nazi groups.
    I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...
  • Dino
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Jan 2009

More wilderness! I guess I'm going to need to get a horse because the first thing they prohibit in a wilderness area is any form of mechanized travel. As well as any mining. Too bad the good old days of homesteading are long gone. Sometimes I feel like I was born 100 years too late.

Comment

• Joanne
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2009

Re: "Wildlands" decree could impact 6 million acres...

Originally posted by acidman1968
      ...of Utah land.

Looks like the "Empire" speaketh again... This time it's sounding like another "federal land grab" that's using a backdoor approach to create more "wilderness".

Washington • Interior Department Secretary Ken Salazar announced plans Thursday to allow land managers to designate swaths of public land as “wild lands” and protect them, essentially setting aside a 2003 agreement negotiated by then-Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt that had taken away that authority.

Salazar issued an order allowing Bureau of Land Management officials to place public lands with wilderness characteristics in a new category that offers more protection. About 6 million acres in Utah could be affected.
      Gads it's frackin' disgusting that the federal government owns so much land out west... Especially when they have so much power to block states from developing their own resources - often with the encouragement of special interest enviro-nazi groups.

One more example of bureaucrats using regulations to gain control when they know that there's not enough popular support to pass laws through Congress. These folks want to limit access of these lands to the "greenies" and keep the rest of us out. If you own a four wheel drive, you are the ENEMY.

Executive orders and restrictive regulations are the end of representative government in our country.

Joanne
      Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• one_bad_rover

Snap up the mining claims as fast as you can. Keeping a claim will keep you with access.

Comment

• bergdh
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Cowboy
          • Apr 2008

I dont like this ken salazar man. I admit that I got caught in the "Hope" of the obama politics and thought in my young mind that maybe if you give them one more chance they will change. No not at all. I think I have now lost that hope and all I want is less government.
          <big></big>R. Berg #02
          C. Berg
          A. Berg

Supporting Your Adventure

Comment

• KDT1970
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by one_bad_rover
            Snap up the mining claims as fast as you can. Keeping a claim will keep you with access.

There is a mine at the bottem of dry canyon just north of the skin diver mine i would love to get a claim on or at least buy the small piece of land it is on????
            any suggestions???

Comment

• Dino
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Cowboy
              • Jan 2009

There was a gentleman, last summer, that had 80 acres for sale at the bottom of dry canyon. All four claims he has are patented and he only wanted $800 per acre. The only catch was he owned 83% interest in the claims. I wanted to work out something with him (maybe a possible seperation of one of the four 20 acre claims but wasn't getting enough support from the misses at the time to move forward. I'm not sure if he ever sold it or if he would have approved breaking off one claim though. In any case, I'm sure the buyer will have to pay all titling costs and any break out would likely be contigent on the other owner with 17% to agree to the transaction. If someone is really serious I could dig up his information and put you in contact with him, but please no "tire kickers".

Comment

• KDT1970
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Miner
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dino
                There was a gentleman, last summer, that had 80 acres for sale at the bottom of dry canyon. All four claims he has are patented and he only wanted $800 per acre. The only catch was he owned 83% interest in the claims. I wanted to work out something with him (maybe a possible seperation of one of the four 20 acre claims but wasn't getting enough support from the misses at the time to move forward. I'm not sure if he ever sold it or if he would have approved breaking off one claim though. In any case, I'm sure the buyer will have to pay all titling costs and any break out would likely be contigent on the other owner with 17% to agree to the transaction. If someone is really serious I could dig up his information and put you in contact with him, but please no "tire kickers".
                Can u send me a PM of the areas he owns. I talked to the wife and she seems interested in somthing like this.

Comment

• Dino
                  Advanced Explorer
                  Mojave Cowboy
                  • Jan 2009

Done. Let me know if you have any problems pulling up the message.

Comment

• KDT1970
                    Advanced Explorer
                    Mojave Miner
                    • Sep 2009

My avitar pic is from inside the mine I am interested in looking onto a claim on.

Comment

Working...