• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Las Vegas "Meet & Greet"

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to schedule a Las Vegas "Meet & Greet" so we can get a few of us locals together. I know that there are lots of folks in the area who like to explore, but there is no local group I'm aware of. This will be an opportunity for us to meet, get to know each other a little bit, and to share some of our favorite mine locations.

The problem I often experience, and have heard from other people is, "I don't have anyone to go with." Maybe we can start to solve that problem by getting people connected. Besides, it's more fun when there is someone to share the experience with! If there's enough interest I can schedule a meet and greet every few months so we can swap lies...errr....I mean stories.

I've spoken with a couple people so far and the response has been very positive. I'm going to schedule it for a week-night at a local book store, coffee shop, or maybe a sports bar so we can get food.

If you are interested, please respond to this thread or send an e-mail to jdhart99@yahoo.com and let me know. I'll post the date and time in this thread, as well as send the information to your e-mail address.

Hope to see you there!

Joanne

Oh yeah, drag your friends along.
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm
  • Dawn_CL
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Nov 2009

Im wanting to do the same thing here in AZ Joanne. I believe i had discussed this with Crystal back around the begginning of this year regarding this. My idea was a bit different though such as starting up a branch of MU in AZ since there are no groups here that deal in mines. I havent had the time yet though to get things together.

Dawn
    Dawn

Comment

• Devin
      Mojave Child
      • Aug 2010

Dawn,

That would be an awesome idea. I'm from the Phoenix area and it would be really cool to get an AZ group of people together that enjoy mine exploring and caving. And your right, it seems as though there are not many groups like the MU here. The closest I have found is this one group that has done some exploring in the bradshaws, but thats about it; their website is www.southwestmines.com. Its nothing like the MU though
      -Devin

'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it.'
      -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Were actually in discussions for branches right now. Should have more of an update in a couple weeks. I'm moving to Cali to start the MU Cali branch early next year... NV and AZ are next in line for branches after that. Probably in that order. Once I've gotten the branch system worked out in Cali, look forward to your NV and AZ branches
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Stuart
          Administrator
          True Mojave
          • Sep 2007

I don't actually live in NV, but I have already spend nine weeks down there exploring mines so far this year. I would definitely be interested in getting a NV branch together. We have a few great groups of members down there in a relatively disorganized fashion already. Wouldn't take a whole lot to get them working together.

Joanne you will definitely have to let us know how your meet and great turns out! If by any chance you are in Vegas this upcoming Sunday a few of us will be passing through on our way down to the Bradshaws. Send me a PM if you are available and I can give you my phone number. Maybe we can meet for lunch.
          -Stuart Burgess
          Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
          Burgess Exploration LLC
          http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
          Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• Dawn_CL
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Nov 2009

Hi Mike,

In the meantime i will go ahead and start getting people together thats interested in joining the AZ MU branch here. I will give results on just how many once i get things organized. Let me know whatever else i may be of assistance for and i will try to take care of it.

Dawn
            Dawn

Comment

• Joanne
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Stuart
              I don't actually live in NV, but I have already spend nine weeks down there exploring mines so far this year. I would definitely be interested in getting a NV branch together. We have a few great groups of members down there in a relatively disorganized fashion already. Wouldn't take a whole lot to get them working together.

Joanne you will definitely have to let us know how your meet and great turns out! If by any chance you are in Vegas this upcoming Sunday a few of us will be passing through on our way down to the Bradshaws. Send me a PM if you are available and I can give you my phone number. Maybe we can meet for lunch.
              Stuart, a PM will be on its way in a couple of minutes.

This past weekend we got the ball rolling when Bill (go_browns) and I got together to spend the day checking out some mines south of town. We were disappointed to find one mine closed up with rocks and spray foam, and another promising looking site turned out to be a couple of prospects but no real workings. Ultimately we headed up to the Accident mine since he hadn't been up there before. Overall it was a good day for us 'crazy' mine explorers.

This was my first time meeting Bill and he's a great guy. Really enthusiastic about mine exploring and didn't complain once when I had to take a break to catch my breath. Anyone who heads out mine exploring with him is in for a fun day.

Joanne
              Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Kiel
                Mojave Miner
                • Feb 2009

spray foam, thats impenetrable!
                Underground Baby!

Comment

Working...