More Closures under a new bill

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • one_bad_rover

More Closures under a new bill

Any of you aware that if you enter a cave or abandoned mine on FS land after July 27th that its a federal crime?

One more reason to get proactive and save whats left.
  • acidman1968
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2010

Re: More Closures under a new bill

Originally posted by one_bad_rover
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/wns/index.shtml

Any of you aware that if you enter a cave or abandoned mine on FS land after July 27th that its a federal crime?

One more reason to get proactive and save whats left.
    One of the parts that really bothers me about this, is where it states:

We know that WNS is transmitted bat–to–bat and cave–to–bat. We also believe that human activity leads to the transmission of WNS where bats hibernate because of the rapid spread across discontinuous locations.
    So they KNOW that bats transmit the disease or syndrome between them - but they just BELIEVE that human activity leads to the transmission of WNS... NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE to PROVE that human activity contributes to the spread of WNS - just a belief...

Bloody ridiculous.
    I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...

Comment

• Devin
      Mojave Child
      • Aug 2010

This article says the order is only for a few states.....Colorado, South Dakota, Wyoming, Kansas and Nebraska....on the forest service page at the very top it also says "Rocky Mountain Region" which seems like it is only a local order for certain areas possibly? Let me know what you guys think...

-Devin
      -Devin

'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it.'
      -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• one_bad_rover

Its a working push across the western states. The slow down here is that where its only FS in the states noted, Utah, Nevada and CA would like to implement on BLM as well as FS land. How you like you public lands now?

Comment

• ghostshot
          Mojave Child
          • Jul 2010

Honey bees are in decline,amphibians are in decline,my unemployment is in decline,yet nothing if anything is being said or done about it! But you ding dang human's maybe spreading a spore that could be,we think,killing off the bats! The article did say that it started on the East coast and as far as I'm concerned anything from the East coast is NO good. I should know,I'm from the East coast! Don't misunderstand me,I have a great love for the outdoors and all living things in nature.It's all a living chain and if too many links fall away...we all fall away!

So this fungus has spread,what,two thirds of the way across the United States and the only factor is that MAYBE human beings are the carrier? I don't mind my tax dollars (when I'm working) going towards keeping a species from becoming extinct,but to have to pay twice by being denied an activity that has had no detriment on the environment before. Sure take some precautions,have some monitoring,but to flat out say that you are the cause without anything to back that up...but closing the barn door after...please.

I hope the source is found, the effects can be reversed and the bats can recover. Knowing our government they will take ten years,spend x amount of money,and then stand there in front of you and say,'we don't know'. Maybe some WNS to the bats in the belfry back in D.C.?

Sorry...got to go...Homeland Security is taking my front door off the hinges,(because of my post here).Could be worse...I could have posted this on facebook!
          So many ghosts, so little time.

Comment

• ExpUt
            True Mojave
            • Jul 2008

Good news?
            Kurt Williams
            CruiserOutfitters.com
            ExpeditionUtah.com
            MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

Working...