Canadian laws about to force small miners out of business...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhartill
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jun 2008

Canadian laws about to force small miners out of business...

From our friends in the North...

For all of you who have not yet become aware: the British Columbia Government,
    the Ministry of Mines, Energy and Petroleum Resources (MMEPR), and, the
    Association for Mineral Exploration, British Columbia (AME BC), a private
    association-based entity, are all entwined in what some think is a conspiracy designed to extort
    and defraud prospectors and small-scale miners throughout the province. Within
    the next three weeks or so, MMEPR through the support of AME BC will be
    introducing a Motion to the Legislature to effect changes to the Mineral Tenure
    Act and its Regulations, which spells a probable 900% increase to staking fees,
    renewal fees and several other disadvantages, while significantly crippling the
    holding of tenures for placer prospecting.

At the head of every Forum page, is a draft explaining what all is going on
    behind closed doors, plus, there are email addresses to which you can also
    direct your comments to politicians and those so affiliated with this movement.
    Please also find our Petition (the icon with the large red Stop Sign) which we
    ask that you sign, in giving us your support for battling against these
    ludicrous changes.

As one who obviously holds an interest in placer prospecting and mining in BC,
    I strongly urge you to take but a few moments in voicing your protest and
    tendering your support for our action.

For those without an interest in prospecting in BC, come back and join us as we
    discuss the years finds, winter projects or ideas to increase next seasons
    production on the forum, Or just stop by and say hello!!

Thank you, and once again, we are very pleased to serve you.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards!!

Regards

Larry Amey & Dave Chamberlain
    Canadian Prospectors Forum Administration

URL: http://gpex.ca/smf/index.php
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Here I go again! I just can't seem to keep my mouth shut on matters like this.

Taken to their logical conclusion, I'm wondering where all of these types of laws will lead us? Obviously there can be no mining of any sort as it is degrading to our "Mother Earth". Logging is also forbidden as trees are sacred and should be worshiped rather than being treated as a natural resource. Electricity from hydroelectric will be a sad reminder of an imperialistic past when we humans tried to exploit rivers for our own selfish uses. After all, rivers are meant to be free!! Wind power is immediately eliminated from consideration based solely on its visual pollution. Solar energy, even if the panels could be camouflaged, is non-viable based on its reliance on forbidden technologies like mining, chemicals, and manufacturing.

How then does society exist in this eco-utopia? Well that's the real problem isn't it? Food can't be raised on commercial farms because we can't use fossil fuel to power the equipment. We can't use animals to till our fields as we have done for thousands of years. And we certainly can't eat animals for food. Animals are people too! Government mandated vegetarianism is strictly enforced.

Where does that leave you and I? Living on small plots of land trying to grow enough to survive? That certainly won't work. There's not enough viable land for that kind of societal model. That leaves us with the alternatives of changing the societal model or reducing the number of people who need land to farm. Any guess what the "Eco Elite" would choose? I'm thinking they have some sort of vision that the remaining 20% of humanity would live in a modern day version of the dark ages where they, the keepers of "The Truthâ„¢", would enforce the eco-laws upon the serfs. Inquisitions would be in store for any who dare to question the worship of Mother Earth.

Am I taking this analogy too far? I guess it depends on who you ask. I'm not talking about the paranoid conspiracy theorists who are worried that such a future may be inevitable. I'm talking about the radical environmentalists who would enact this vision if only given the opportunity.

Joanne

Maybe I should stick to posting pictures of old mines.....
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

Working...