X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark1955
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Dec 2008

Here is a link to the map of the proposed closings, there is also a downloadable PDF of same. The closures entail most of the explorable area of our state! If they succeed in getting away with then this this state's population will be down two individuals as Brenda and I will move to another State with a little more common sense!!

Comment

• bergdh
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Apr 2008

Looking at that map made me upset, I can see in my head the areas that are already protected in some form by state and national parks, I see other
      wilderness areas that I enjoy, like Lone Peak. It looks like we stood to loose way to much public land that hold so many good things for us all......I like wilderness.....I don't like someone using a red marker and covering the state where ever they please with areas they feel should be "protected" to serve only themselves.

This was destined to fail and im glad it did. If something is truly rare and special, historical, endangered, protect it.....responsibly! But dont just keep us off our own land because you fear oil exploration. All things in moderation and responsibly.

Please forgive the rant!
      <big></big>R. Berg #02
      C. Berg
      A. Berg

Supporting Your Adventure

Comment

• Joanne
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by bergdh
        Looking at that map made me upset, I can see in my head the areas that are already protected in some form by state and national parks, I see other
        wilderness areas that I enjoy, like Lone Peak. It looks like we stood to loose way to much public land that hold so many good things for us all......I like wilderness.....I don't like someone using a red marker and covering the state where ever they please with areas they feel should be "protected" to serve only themselves.

This was destined to fail and im glad it did. If something is truly rare and special, historical, endangered, protect it.....responsibly! But dont just keep us off our own land because you fear oil exploration. All things in moderation and responsibly.

Please forgive the rant!
        Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Mike
          Administrator
          True Mojave
          • Sep 2007

Just got a letter in the mail from Congress, our Mr. Chaffetz seems against the Act. His letter is as follows:

Dear Mr. Capps

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the Red Rock Wilderness Act. At a time when nearly 60% of Utah's land is owned by the federal government, adding another 9.4 million acres to the roll is not prudent policy. I would also like to note that not one member of the Utah delegation is supporting the bill.

There is no doubt portions of Red Rock Country in southern Utah deserve the recognition the National Wilderness Preservation System would give. However, the crafters of this bill are not simply concerned with wilderness preservation, they are using the sanctified wilderness designation as a tool to curb American energy development and motorized outdoor recreation.

Upon passage, 9.4 million acres of Utah land will be off-limits to outdoor enthusiasts, recreation seekers, and energy developers. Off-highway vehicle users are the lifeline for some rural Utah cities and towns, and if this bill passes, those towns will fall deeper and deeper into economic recession. The OHV markets, as well as the energy market provide some of the most dependable and high paying jobs for rural Utahans.

Recently, the House Subcommittee on the National Parks, Forests and Public Lands held a legislative hearing on the bill. I was proud to join with the other four members of Utah's Congressional delegation in voicing our opposition. I will continue to oppose this bill and the out-of-state sponsors who support it.

[align=right:95091a3b38]Sincerely,
          Jason Chaffets
          Member of Congress[/align:95091a3b38]
          -Fish
          Mojave Mine Team
          MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Derek
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Outlaw
            • Jul 2008

I am liking Mr. Chaffetz more and more.
            -Derek
            Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Mr.Irksome
              Mojave Child
              • Aug 2009

Its seems that he is actually living up to what he promised.

Comment

Working...