• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhartill
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jun 2008

Silver City (S of Eureka) Mine Closure "open house" Jun 2

DOGM is holding an OPEN HOUSE from 4 to 7PM at the Tintic High School in Eureka, Utah on Tuesday June 2nd, 2009. The purpose of the meeting is to allow the public to review some of those "super secret" documents the DOGM doesn't like to release to the public. If you can't make it, I suggest you contact Louis Amodt, (801) 538-5360 louisamodt@utah.gov and ask him for whatever documents he was going to show you at the meeting Seriously, I would like to know what they will allow us to copy and/or scan at the public open house. And if you can scan and read and examine these documents at a public open house, why couldn't you be allowed copies of them if you can't attend?

The picture on the flyer appears to be a photo of the tailings pile of the Sunbeam Mine, one of the first discovered in the Eureka district. The Sunbeam Mine was put on the Historic Register in 1979.
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

I'll be there (Especially if you remind me the day before :P )
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Crystal

Count me in too! Any other takers? I'll drive so I can take 2 more peoples.

Comment

• RockRacer
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Dec 2008

I wish I would have checked the site just a day earlier! Dang. So was this to close Silver City, or to unveil "secret" documents?

How did it go? Anything new?
        Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• RockRacer
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Dec 2008

Okay, I guess it's stuff regarding the closure of areas in Silver City...
          Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

Working...