• Show
Clear All
  • rhartill
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jun 2008

DOGM BLM Lakeside Mine closures scheduled to begin June 15th

According to bid documents found here:

people (people) has uploaded 0 documents on Scribd.See people’s selection of books & audiobooks on Scribd. Start reading today on the web, iPad, iPhone & Android with a free trial.

the Lakeside closures are being fast-tracked to begn June 15th if approval to proceed is given. BLM the main "landowner" here, as 30+ of the 41 closures are on "their" land (read public). In one of the documents, a contractor asks if any of the mine dumps are protected as historic. The answer: NONE of them are.
  • rhartill
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jun 2008

Lakeside

On June 3, 2009, DOGM awarded Kent Bethers Construction with the reclamation contract for Lakeside, Utah, with a winning bid of $51,399.
    Closures were to begin no later than 15 days after the award of the contract. BLM is sending letters to recent claimants in the area claiming they need to post their own reclamation bonds if they do not wish to have the mine openings backfilled on their claims.
    A legal opinion has been obtained that strongly suggests the BLM is proceeding without legal precedent and without legal authority to require claimants to file plans of operations to keep their claims as is.

Comment

Working...