True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Upcoming Event: Green Eyed Monster - Apr 25th 9am

*** THIS EVENT HAS CONCLUDED ***

[hr:63a73f3512]

Green Eyed Monster Mine and Cave

April 25th - 9:00am

Experience the Green Eyed Monster, located within Ophir Canyon. The Green Eyed Monster is a famous mine due to the natural caverns found within. This is a very popular caving location. There is a difficult hike involved reaching the cave and also there is a possibility of getting wet so dress accordingly and have extra gear.

Join Mojave Underground in this event for an exclusive opportunity to visit this incredible location.

This is an Intermediate trip.
    We ask all who RSVP to have prior experience underground; preferable on a prior Mojave Underground excursion, but that is not required.

EVENT DETAILS:

* Plan on meeting at 9AM at the mouth of Ophir Canyon - Coordinates to the meeting point are: 40°21'3.84"N 112°18'34.17"W. A set finish time is not designated, but plan to be out of the mine no later than 4pm.
    * Please brings your own safety gear! - This includes a helmet / hardhat, trustworthy light source, extra batteries, and a backup light.
    * We plan on examining minerals inside the mine; if planning to rock hound, keep in mind that all cave formations are protected. Leave your rock hammer at home.
    * We also plan on examining many mine structures within the mine, and will be discussing their use and functions.
    * Expect to help with some light service for the mine owner by taking out trash as we leave the mine.
    * You must be 18 years of age or older in order to participate.

This is a trip you do not want to miss out on! Feel free to bring your friends and family and become part of the funnest and fastest growing community of abandoned mine explorers in the country!

THE RSVP LIMIT IS CAPPED! Reserve your spot asap. Please be respectful to others by only RSVPing yes if you are positive you can make it.

You MUST RSVP at Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Mojave-Underground/

Donations are not required, but much appreciated! Donations can be made at http://www.mojaveunderground.com
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook
Working...