NORTH TINTIC CLOSURES - Delivering letters tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • one_bad_rover

NORTH TINTIC CLOSURES - Delivering letters tomorrow

So the DOGM has not responded to any of the email correspondance about the extension of the public comment period for the north tintic district.
    To that end, Im printing letters from each of the GRE members, voicing our opinion.
    Im going to drop them off downtown tomorrow at the DOGM offices, Govenor Huntsmans office, and the SLC BLM office. The letter has each persons name and address so it cannot be discounted.
    the letter is as follows:
    «firstname» «lastname»
    «address1»
    «address2»
    «city», «state» «zip»

Re: North Tintic Mine Closures
    To Whom It May Concern:
    Consider this letter to be a formal protest of the Utah Department of Oil, Gas and Mining’s proposed mine closures in the North Tintic District. I have reviewed the information that the DOGM has provided and also the information that has been provided by GRE, Inc. (Gold Rush Expeditions). And I find it appalling that these historic sites and mines are to be destroyed forever. A lot of these sites are on BLM land and as such, they should be governed by the will of the public. This is my public opinion stating that I vehemently oppose these closures.
    Furthermore, I find it deeply disturbing that the DOGM spent nearly three years putting this project together, and then gave the public less than 20 days to comment and assess the situation. I believe that Utah has a rich mining history that is second to none in the world and the closure and destruction of these mines is nothing short of criminal.
    The DOGM has further failed to provide to the general public any information about the sites and mines that they intend to close. Even the exact sites to be addressed have been withheld. When this occurs on public land all of this information should be public and available.
    I would appreciate a response to what, if anything is to be done to remedy this situation.

Sincerely,
    «firstname»«lastname»
    «telephone»
    «email»

Anyway, if anyone wants to get together names, #s and such of the MU group, we could drop them all together. The intent here being that April 1st is the date they gave for public comment. So they will get thier public comment.
    Any other suggestions or ideas are welcome.
    Just working on stepping the effort up a little...
  • Mikezauner
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Jun 2008

I'm in. Where do I send my contact info?
    Proud owner of a Springfield XD 45ACP.

--Beard

Comment

• Derek
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2008

Corey do you have an automated form on your website for this as you do for others?
      -Derek
      Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• one_bad_rover

This is a printed, delivered letter, not online, as that has impact, but not as much as plunking down a big fat chunk of letters on the desks of Huntsman, DNR, OGM and BLM. I want to make sure they dont make the mistake of noting that no one opposed.
        This list is GRE members, so if you are a member, you will be included by default.

Comment

• Stuart
          Administrator
          True Mojave
          • Sep 2007

Looks good, I'm already signed up so send one off for me!
          -Stuart Burgess
          Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
          Burgess Exploration LLC
          http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
          Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• Mikezauner
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Cowboy
            • Jun 2008

I'm registered now, so send one for me too.
            Proud owner of a Springfield XD 45ACP.

--Beard

Comment

• Kelly Rees
              Mojave Teen
              • Feb 2009

Thanks Corey.... you are the Master!
              www.wasatchsport.com
              PM me for special Mojave Underground pricing on all of your climbing/exploring needs.

Comment

• RockRacer
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Outlaw
                • Dec 2008

Nice job Corey!

Any news on this?
                Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

Working...