Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • one_bad_rover

BLM RAC Nomination

Hey all,
    So most of you know that GRE, Inc and its members have been actively fighting what the BLM has been doing in many respects, and striving to keep all land open for exploration and use.
    (This line, just in case I have ever been unclear)
    I was recently approached to submit to the BLMs Resource Advisory Council. My understanding is that this gives a bit more input into what is done with the land and who has access. My interest in this, again, is to keep land open and accessible and preserve the historic sites such as mines and mining camps that dot the entire state of Utah.
    One of the caveats of this is that I need two letters of recommendation or support by local organizations. Such as Mojave, EU or U4WDA.
    So consider this a request to the members of Mojave, EU or U4WDA. Im sure there is some discussion that will need to go on, but if the executives of Mojave, EU or U4WDA could take the time to write a letter of recommendation it would go a long way towards getting GRE to a place where we can flex some more influence.
    The submissions are due by April 13th so I would need something in hand by the end of March (April 10th)
    I opened this here, to see if anyone has any opposition to this or any issues with GRE being put in this type of position.
    Thanks for your input.
  • bergdh
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Apr 2008

WOW! That is a awesome opportunity! I hope that MU will take up the cause and send that recommendation! Congrats!
    <big></big>R. Berg #02
    C. Berg
    A. Berg

Supporting Your Adventure

Comment

• ExpUt
      True Mojave
      • Jul 2008

EU is working on it!
      Kurt Williams
      CruiserOutfitters.com
      ExpeditionUtah.com
      MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION

Michael Capps
        658W 1820N
        Orem, UT 84057
        March 30th, 2009

Bureau of Land Management
        Utah State Office
        P.O. Box 45155
        Salt Lake City, UT 84145-0155

To Whom It May Concern:

I am honored to be recommending Mr. Corey Shuman for a position on the BLM’s Resource Advisory Council; in particular, Category Two- Non Commodity.

I have had the pleasure of working with Mr. Shuman in local and state functions here in Utah, where he has demonstrated his ability to ¬work with the community in preserving our state’s history and heritage. His charisma and ability to associate with the people have impressed me many times. His efforts to preserve and protect the history of Utah, in particular, mining history and ghost towns, has astounded me with the level of detail and care that goes into his projects. His knowledge of the State’s history and public views is outstanding. He has successfully gathered community interest and acted upon it, helping the voices of the public be heard.

Mr. Shuman leads a not-for-profit organization known as Gold Rush Expeditions. Through his organization, he has helped thousands of residents learn and share of Utah’s immense history. They have successfully rallied to preserve many important historical landmarks and helped share these sites with countless others.

I had the opportunity to observe his recent actions in Kanab, UT, where the locals celebrated his efforts to retain precious history of the local community. He met with county and city officials, where his organization presented their plans to preserve ancient ruins found just outside Kanab. The state thanks him for his tireless hours working on these projects.

I can confidently recommend Mr. Shuman for the board for this position. He has shown time and time again his expertise and care of Utah’s rich history; I believe he would be an important asset to the BLM RAC. If I can provide you with any further information in your consideration of Mr. Shuman, feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
        Michael Capps
        President
        Mojave Underground Inc.
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...