Miners Day Parade

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crystal

Miners Day Parade

Stuart, Miah, Mike and I attended Park City's Miners Day Parade yesterday. The parade itself had absolutely nothing to do with miners, the only one in the parade close to representing miners was the mayor wearing a hard hat and some people dressed in old fashion clothes. Luckily the Mucking and Drilling Competitions made up for it and what fun it was! First we watched nine contestants compete to fill up the one ton ore cart the fastest using the muck loader. It looked like a fun machine to operate. Next was the drilling part were the miners had to lift up a 125lb drill and drill two holes into a concrete wall. It looked really hard, some of the miners even had the drill bit come off while they were drilling! It was a lot of fun to watch especially when they lost control of the drill and started drilling all over the wall, sometimes in other holes! What fun! Next year we want to be in the parade and actually represent miners! Maybe Stuart and Mike can complete in the muck and drilling competitions too. :P

Photos coming soon.
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

The Mucking and Drilling contest was tons of fun! Those guys on the drills were crazy. I don't know if i could handle one for competition by next year... As soon as crystal uploads the photos, we'll get to see it again!
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...