• Show
Clear All
  • rhartill
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jun 2008

DOGM Event tommorrow (July 1 2008) at Eureka, UT

To all concerned:

There is an opportunity to take a sneak peak at the DOGM's proposed closures of some of the Eureka/Mammoth mines in Juab County, Utah. I am on the official bidder's list for state contracts, and this was JUST sent to me.

I am not sure that I can take off to go attend this, but would be happy to authorize anyone who can take some time and some pictures of the proposed closures. I represent Dominion Group, which has a legal address of 140 W 9000 S Suite 1, Sandy, UT 84070, and we have been invited to attend this event. I hereby authorize anyone who can attend to represent me for the purpose of examining the areas and taking pictures. There are over 100 proposed mine opening closures.

For further info, please call me at (801) 561-4797 or email me at russhartill@lawyer.com

Visit my Monitoring Utah's AMR program page at:

Law Office of Russell D. Hartill, the law firm in Sandy, will provide you with expert advice in all legal questions and matters.

Pre-Bid meeting for contractors wishing to bid on the Mammoth area mine closures

Jul 1, 2008 10:30:00 AM MDT

Attendance is optional

Location: AN OPTIONAL PRE-BID MEETING WILL BE HELD FOR ALL BIDDERS ON TUESDAY, JULY 1, 2008 AT 10:30 A.M. Meet at the Tintic Café on the eastern edge of the town of Eureka, across from the Tintic High School. The meeting is expected to last most of the day and will involve driving and hiking over rugged terrain. High clearance four-wheel-drive vehicles are recommended. This meeting is optional. Because of the special nature of abandoned mine closure work, bidders are strongly encouraged to attend the pre-bid meeting. NOTE: Portions of and access to sites are within or above the Eureka Mills Superfund site. All contractors visiting the site where access is on the Superfund site are required to check at the Site Management Office located at 210 South Eagle Street, Eureka.

PM8054-1-01 Title Mammoth Project Total Price Bid Quantity 1 contract Contract Duration See Specifications Prices Good for 90 days Bid Comments The work consists of reclamation construction at 116 abandoned hardrock metal mines located near Eureka, Juab County, Utah. The work includes steel fabrication and installation, excavation and backfilling, and revegetation of abandoned mine openings. The project will require manual labor, as well as backhoe, trackhoe, and/or small dozer work.

Mines to be closed include the Centennial Eureka, Eureka Hill, and others. The Humbug, Mammoth, and mines south of Mammoth and in the Silver City area are not currently part of this contract. The State of Utah expects this contract to cost in excess of $400K.

The bid process will close on July 16th.

----- Original Message -----

To: russhartill@lawyer.com
    Subject: REMINDER: Pre-Bid Conf for Bid PM8054
    Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:33:00 -0600 (MDT)

RFP Depot
    Russ Hartill,

State of Utah, UT would like to remind you of the upcoming pre-bid conference for Bid #PM8054 - Construction, Abandoned Hardrock Metal Mine Reclamation.

Conference Details
    Date: Jul 1, 2008 10:30:00 AM MDT
    Location: AN OPTIONAL PRE-BID MEETING WILL BE HELD FOR ALL BIDDERS ON TUESDAY, JULY 1, 2008 AT 10:30 A.M. Meet at the Tintic Café on the eastern edge of the town of Eureka, across from the Tintic High School. The meeting is expected to last most of the day and will involve driving and hiking over rugged terrain. High clearance four-wheel-drive vehicles are recommended. This meeting is optional. Because of the special nature of abandoned mine closure work, bidders are strongly encouraged to attend the pre-bid meeting. NOTE: Portions of and access to sites are within or above the Eureka Mills Superfund site. All contractors visiting the site where access is on the Superfund site are required to check at the Site Management Office located at 210 South Eagle Street, Eureka.
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

I'll give a report of what I can when I get back tomorrow!
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Stuart
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Yes we will!
      -Stuart Burgess
      Mojave Mine Team