• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Rope training at Cavediggers.com

Hi all,

I've heard a lot of talk from folks who want to learn rope technique but don't know where to start. Before you spend a lot of money on equipment and running into the closest mine, education and training are vitally important. Horizontal mine exploring is dangerous enough, but vertical exploration leaves no room for error. Cavediggers.com has a series of ten training modules that will give you a good introduction to the subject of underground vertical ropework. They are free for anyone to read so there's no excuse if this is an area you are interested in.

That said, reading these modules does not qualify you to jump on a rope. They will give you a good background on equipment, methods, and techniques. Above ground training with an instructor would be a logical next step. Then maybe an underground trip with an experienced mine explorer.

Here's the link to the training modules.

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm
  • Kiel
    Mojave Miner
    • Feb 2009

I really enjoyed the training we got at the pink lime pit recently, hands on is the best approach in my opinion, thanks guys
    Underground Baby!

Comment

• RockRacer
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Dec 2008

Thanks for the info Joanne! I really hope to learn this rope thing in the near future. I know my dad and brothers (coltongar on the site) like to get out there gear as much as possible.
      Tobin - K7TOB

Comment

• Devin
        Mojave Child
        • Aug 2010

Great resource...thanks for sharing!
        -Devin

'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it.'
        -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...