• Show
Clear All
  • acidman1968
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2010

Mine listings by state...

...and you can further break them down by county

I stumbled across this website last weekend while trying to find information on some mines in Tooele County, and while it didn't get into any history or time frames that the mines were in operation, it did give GPS information for each mine, along with the primary mineral that was being mined for most of the mines listed. There were something like 46 pages of listings for Tooele County alone, and it gave me something to do while my wife was napping - I used Google Earth's search feature to look up and mark all of the mines by their GPS data.

One thing I did find though, is that quite a few of the mines' GPS data apparently goes to the "center point" of Tooele County, which leads me to believe that the exact locations of those mines are unknown - or the names were changed.

Either way, I hope the provided web page will be of assistance to MU, to help preserve those historic sites for future generations.
    I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Thats a good little site. MU also keeps an updated database of our own that includes all the western states, public information about the mine, and a pre-compiled Google Earth database for each state.

You can download the file here:
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...