X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FrAcTaL
    Mojave Child
    • Nov 2008

FrAcTaL's mine & other links

Good evening everyone. In this thread I will post links to mine and other misc sites I have encountered that you may find interesting.

Home page of Theodore Gray, author, publisher, developer stitchcoder. Creator of The Elements: A Visual Exploration, co-founder of Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha.

More to follow!

Brandon "FrAcTaL" Fielding
    FrAcTaL
  • FrAcTaL
    Mojave Child
    • Nov 2008

Abandoned and Inactive Mine Safety Training

Here is the link to the .pdf I was reading in the mine yesterday.

It has some great info on acceptable gas levels as well as tons of mine safety information.

FrAcTaL
    FrAcTaL

Comment

• FrAcTaL
      Mojave Child
      • Nov 2008

Josh Dennis & the Hidden Treasure Mine

I was on the scout camp with Josh when he was lost in the mine. I was 13 at the time. It was a crazy experience. Luckily, he was found alive and well.

My Ma and Pa are in this article (Fielding). It gives a day by day account of what happened outside the mine.

Discover a service-oriented, globally-connected Christian church that is led by a prophet of God and seeks to follow Jesus Christ and His restored gospel.

------------------

Hey STU! You newbie ghost towner!

FrAcTaL

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

Thanks for the links and info, Brandon. Always good to have more info! It was also interesting to talk to you a bit about your trip with Josh Dennis. I just can't believe the DOGM and sheriff wanted to blast the mine closed with Joshua in it, alive and well. They refused John Skinner's entrance, who knew exactly where he was. And the DOGM want us to trust them... peh!
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Derek
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jul 2008

Now Mike remember that DOGM reads our website (even though we are insignificant to them they say ) and we need to be nice to them or they will continue to read more into the website than what is really there (like saying we are cutting down their gates) and make claims that they are going to arrest us.
          -Derek
          Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Mike
            Administrator
            True Mojave
            • Sep 2007

Well that doesn't make sense, Derek... Why would the state want to arrest honest law abiding citizens who spend many hours and dollars educating the public about proper mine exploration and safety; giving people the opportunity to serve others, documenting and photographing remote mine sites, preserving Utah's vivid mining history, and helping claim owners regain control of aging mines... We discourage any illegal activities, such as trespassing, compromising gates or backfills, and exploring mines without the proper safety gear.

We are a white hat organization, Derek, I don't think others would take too kindly if anybody tried to illegitimately arrest any of us for exploring abandoned mines...

-Fish
            Mojave Mine Team
            MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Derek
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Jul 2008

Hehehe Agreed. Well said.
              -Derek
              Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Stuart
                Administrator
                True Mojave
                • Sep 2007

Bravo Mike!
                Hey STU! You newbie ghost towner!
                Yeah, I don't end up on there very often. I watch certain threads and that's about it. Thanks for the links! That is a great little document about mine safety, very detailed!
                -Stuart Burgess
                Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
                Burgess Exploration LLC
                http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
                Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

Working...