X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norman Johnson
    Mojave Child
    • Mar 2011

Just signed on

I am intrigued by this website and, of course, I have been exploring mines in the Mojave for many years. I know a little geology, a lot of biology, and go camping every other weekend. In the summer, I camp in the San Jacinto's---Thomas Mountain, Santa Rosa Mountains, and Fuller Ridge, and in the fall, winter, and spring, I camp in the desert. Last weekend was spent at the Black Butte Mine in the Southern Cady Mountains. No underground workings there, but also no people. It is at the north end of Pisgah Crater Road. If any of you have ever been to Pisgah Crater--then you know about the lava tubes.

Hope to enjoy this site in the future.

NJ

PS, how do I add images to my post? The method is not immediately clear.

"I got four things to live by: Don't say nothing that will hurt anybody. Don't give advice--nobody will take it anyway. Don't complain. Don't explain." Death Valley Scotty Walter Scott 1872-1954
  • acidman1968
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2010

Re: Just signed on

Originally posted by Norman Johnson
    I am intrigued by this website and, of course, I have been exploring mines in the Mojave for many years. I know a little geology, a lot of biology, and go camping every other weekend. In the summer, I camp in the San Jacinto's---Thomas Mountain, Santa Rosa Mountains, and Fuller Ridge, and in the fall, winter, and spring, I camp in the desert. Last weekend was spent at the Black Butte Mine in the Southern Cady Mountains. No underground workings there, but also no people. It is at the north end of Pisgah Crater Road. If any of you have ever been to Pisgah Crater--then you know about the lava tubes.

Hope to enjoy this site in the future.

NJ

PS, how do I add images to my post? The method is not immediately clear.
    To add pictures, you have to first upload them onto a free online hosting service, such as picasa or photobucket. Then, you "hot-link" the picture from that website to this board. Up above when you're writing a post, there are a bunch of buttons for fonts and such. One kinda looks like a post card with a couple mountains and a sun over it. You click on that button, and then enter the "image location" information. That enters the web address of the picture.

Oh, and welcome to the site!
    I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...

Comment

• Norman Johnson
      Mojave Child
      • Mar 2011

I did that and have edited my above post---yet what comes up is the link info not the picture itself. What am I screwing up? And what is that "add image to post" thing at the bottom?

NJ
      "I got four things to live by: Don't say nothing that will hurt anybody. Don't give advice--nobody will take it anyway. Don't complain. Don't explain." Death Valley Scotty Walter Scott 1872-1954

Comment

• acidman1968
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Norman Johnson
        I did that and have edited my above post---yet what comes up is the link info not the picture itself. What am I screwing up? And what is that "add image to post" thing at the bottom?

NJ
        From photobucket, just use the IMG code under the pic. You won't even need to use the image button in the box above.

Hmmm....

Odd, I copied/pasted the link for your pic in the address bar of my browser, and it opened there - but it's not posting in the thread...
        I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...

Comment

• Norman Johnson
          Mojave Child
          • Mar 2011

Thank you. Each site has a different template so it takes me a while to get it right.

Comment

• Mike
            Administrator
            True Mojave
            • Sep 2007

Welcome to the site!
            The reason for the image not linking was the postfix to the URL:
            http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz335/NEricJ/Black%20Butte%20Mine/IMG_5244.jpg"?t=1300057808"
            The correct URL would be:

This links to the image directly.
            -Fish
            Mojave Mine Team
            MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Joanne
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Jul 2009

Re: Just signed on

Hi Norman! Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you'll fit right in around here. We do a bit of camping and mine exploring too. I really love your old jeep! That's just super cool. Last year I purchased a 1972 Blazer that I'm going to restore. I leaned to drive in my dad's 72 so I finally decided to buy one of my own. Needs a LOT of work, but will be worth it when it's done. It's going to be a driver, not a garage queen.

Mike solved your photo issue. This bulletin board software does not understand photo links that don't end with ".jpg". My cooking forum has the same problem...

We have exploring trips pretty regularly so you are always welcome to join us.

Joanne
              Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Derek
                Advanced Explorer
                Mojave Outlaw
                • Jul 2008

Welcome! Always good to see people coming from an equally great site like ghosttowns.com.
                -Derek
                Mojave Mine Team

Comment

Working...