• Show
Clear All
  • Therrin
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jan 2011

Therrin has just stepped onto the scene

Howdy folks,

I should introduce myself, I'm a professional mine explorer. I know I know, you've heard it before. I suppose I should list my credentials.

- 8 years exp. high ropes course and rock climbing instructor
    - 6 years exp. owned/operated a small business doing tree service work and hazardous dismantling of large dead trees
    - Other/previous exp. : High-angle rescue, LA County EMT cert'd, OSHA10, Rescue diver, deep diving (below 200ft), wreck diver
    - Approx. 80 mines visited in the last year. Started exploring mines about 8 years ago.
    - Organizer of mine exploring trips through UER, and joined trips with the Underground Explorers, and NSS members
    - Mining areas recently visited (in Ca): Tecopa, Cima, Mojave, Lake Elizabeth, Castaic, Kernville/Keyesville, Panamint, Rosamond,
    Gorman area, Death valley, Calico/Ludlow, Ridgecrest, and others. (in Az) Green Valley area

I'm looking forward to becoming an active member on this forum. There are several guys I've been on trips with now who are already members on here. I'm interested in tapping into new knowledge about mineshaft exploration and learning new methods of doing things. I'll have to post up some pictures soon, and see what's already here that's familiar.

Oh, and Happy New Years to everyone!
    Herpin' so hard I'm derpin'.
    TRESSPASS??? Meeee? :mrgreen:
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Welcome to the forum!! Glad to see you join the group.

I enjoyed checking out your photos. Looks like you guys have hit some pretty neat mines.

Waaayyy back with I was in college I did a fair bit of climbing and was in Search & Rescue. I'm just getting back into high angle work and am starting to feel comfortable with my skills again. I'm looking forward to extending my exploration beyond the horizontal. Today I'll be heading out with Chris who is from New Jersey and a member of abandonedmines.net so that should be fun.

With the new M.U. members from Arizona, Nevada, and So. Cal, we should be able to put together some really fun trips with like-minded explorers.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• Stuart
      Administrator
      True Mojave
      • Sep 2007

Welcome to the forum!

That is quite a list of credentials, I'm sure you will have lots of experience to share with the group.
      -Stuart Burgess
      Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
      Burgess Exploration LLC
      http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
      Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• Derek
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Jul 2008

Welcome!
        -Derek
        Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Therrin
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Miner
          • Jan 2011

Thanks all!

My rescue creds are listed under my "previous experience". I haven't performed an actual rescue of any sort in years, and haven't trained regularly in the last few years. In the past we would go up to Fossil Falls for a week and camp out there, and run through scenarios and set up a tyrolean and all kinds of other maneuvers for transporting people in various simulated states of disrepair. We had done 3 separate week long training sessions up there, as well as our regular day-long sessions each month.

I've been continuing to study on the side, but it's not the same as having a company who has all the gear provided and a staff of highly trained folks to work with. I'd love to get together with some dedicated folks on the side and work through some mine rescue scenarios though.

My beefier gear consists mostly of 200ft of 5/8" rope, a 3/4" adjustable loopie, 3/4" spider leg, a steel block w/ max rope size of 3/4" & WLL of 4,000lbs, and a steel Port-A-Wrap III.
          Tons of other gear, but actually for Xmas I also just got a Petzl Bod Fast full body harness and the new style Petzl Best helmet. =D
          Herpin' so hard I'm derpin'.
          TRESSPASS??? Meeee? :mrgreen:

Comment

• ExpUt
            True Mojave
            • Jul 2008

Welcome to MU!
            Kurt Williams
            CruiserOutfitters.com
            ExpeditionUtah.com
            MojaveUnderground.com

Comment