X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hillrat
    Mojave Baby
    • Sep 2010

Hello from Reno

Hi all. Been kicking around the idea of learning enough to go into some of these old mines with relative safety, and you guys look like the bunch to learn from. Work generally gets in the way of going places, and payments to the ex keep funds low for the procurment of equipment; but I piece it together where I can, and get out as often as possible. So far, it's just been looking in at the portal, wondering just what kinda goodies might lie a little further in. So here we go, hope to learn a bit from you all as we go along.
    john
  • acidman1968
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2010

Welcome, hillrat! I'm relatively new to this group - and so far I haven't made it to any underground exploration meetups. The majority of my exploring is hiking off the beaten path to some of the out-of-the-way mines and exploring the surface remains.
    I'd say I'm fat and out of shape, but, "round" is a shape...

Comment

• ExpUt
      True Mojave
      • Jul 2008

Welcome to MU!
      Kurt Williams
      CruiserOutfitters.com
      ExpeditionUtah.com
      MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Jeff
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Nov 2008

Welcome to MU.
        Jeff
        Mojave Mine Team
        Follow me on Facebook

Comment

• Joanne
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jul 2009

Re: Hello from Reno

Originally posted by hillrat
          Hi all. Been kicking around the idea of learning enough to go into some of these old mines with relative safety, and you guys look like the bunch to learn from. Work generally gets in the way of going places, and payments to the ex keep funds low for the procurment of equipment; but I piece it together where I can, and get out as often as possible. So far, it's just been looking in at the portal, wondering just what kinda goodies might lie a little further in. So here we go, hope to learn a bit from you all as we go along.
          john
          Hey John,

Welcome to the group! I'm down at the other end of the state. There's a lot of mining history up around there. I enjoy reading about the Comstock. I work for the state and travel up there a few times a year. It's a really beautiful area. I hope things work out so you can start acquiring some gear. I'd suggest starting out with a helmet and light(s). You don't have to pony up a lot of cash for those.

Joanne

P.S. - my daughter is up at UNR and just loves it!
          Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

Working...